facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 18
#1  by: UT   

The Traditional Rankings, and by that I mean "the way it's always been" are...

Pi Phi-Kappa-Theta
then...
Chi O-Tri Delt-Zeta
then...
DG & AXO
then
Alpha Phi, ADPi & KD
then the rest....

The top 8-9 houses are all filled with beautiful, accomplished, and leadership type girls. Some are better at grades, some are better socially, some are better with "old money" connections, but for the most part there is balance.

Now for today's true life rankings...IMO...I see it more like this...
Chi-O (full of cheerleaders and dance team)
then...Tri Delt
then PKT
then group Zeta with DG & AXO
then ADPi, KD, Alpha Phi...
then the rest
Depending on what you are looking for "best" is relative. Like I said before the top 8-9 have pretty much stayed the same, but there is shifting inside those every year...mainly within the top five. Go with your gut.

By: UT
by: AnyOfTheseOct 30, 2012 11:02:07 AM

Can't go wrong:

XO/TriDelt
PKT
Zeta/AXO/DG

By: AnyOfThese
by: YepMay 10, 2016 3:41:36 PM

Kappa, Chi-O, TriDelt, Zeta, A-Chi-O, Theta, DG, & PiPhi. Go for these groups.

By: Yep
by: LaughableSep 4, 2019 5:10:48 PM

You done lost your mind chi o

By: Laughable
#2  by: Now with that said   

you will get girls that pref lets say

Chi-O, Tri Delt, Kappa and are happy with any three

and you might get a girl that loves the sisterhood at AXO or academic focus of DG that might pref them over Zeta or Kappa....

It boils down to the PNM what their priorities are....there is no right answer.

By: Now with that said
by: AboveJul 1, 2013 5:32:33 PM

You are correct. There is no "right" answer.

By: Above
by: UmmmJan 11, 2021 8:09:35 PM

You are clueless

Because of the way cuts are done, most freshmen girls who have a shot at big six are basically put into their tiers after first round. Pref parties will be girls from same tiers. So girls going PKT will be at same party and girls going Chi O, Tri Delt, and Zeta will be at the same party. There is honestly very little overlap between tiers at pref. Like almost none. Those six chapters just have to cut too hard to be able to keep girls who aren’t in their usual pool no matter how badly they would like to. Honestly until pref Night it is all a numbers game for both sides.

Sophomore rush is totally different so not talking about that

By: Ummm
#3  by: tiers   

PKT, 3D, Chi O Top Tier
Zeta between Top & Mid
AXO & DG Mid Tier
Alpha Phi & ADPi between Mid & Lower
KD & AEPhi Lower Tier

By: tiers
by: AgreeDec 12, 2012 8:09:09 PM

I agree about those 8 groups. Anything between DG or PiPhi is a good group to go for. That would be, Pi Phi, XO, Theta, TriDelt, Zeta, AXO, KKG, or DG.

By: Agree
by: No ma’amSep 4, 2019 5:24:07 PM

Really tridelt? Dream on

By: No ma’am
by: Old newsSep 4, 2019 5:26:37 PM

Oh these posts are 7 years old!

By: Old news
#4  by: All   

The houses are really hard to get into....its not like other schools in texas

By: All
by: KKGcuriousDec 17, 2012 4:00:31 PM

If they're hard to get into, why does Kappa have to snap bid alot? Well, I've heard that, but just sayin...

By: KKGcurious
by: TheyDec 17, 2012 5:56:11 PM

only snap bid the best.

By: They
#5  by: IMO   

Pi Phi
Theta
Kappa/Chi O/Tri-Delt
Zeta
AXO/DG
APhi/ADPI
KD/AEPHI/SDT

By: IMO
by: HousesNov 4, 2012 6:11:53 PM

Top Houses: Zeta/PiPhi/DG/KKG/Theta/XO/AXO/KKG

By: Houses
by: PersonallyDec 12, 2012 8:18:23 PM

There really aren't bad sororities at UT. Pretty much any here would be top tier at most schools. Honestly with the way rush goes the houses make the choice so you should probably go wherever you get a bid.

By: Personally
#6  by: Varied   

Most of these replies are similar because of what was said above. The top 8 houses go after the same girls. Yes, there are pockets of girls that are earmarked for specific houses, but for the most part, the letters on the chests of many of these chapters are interchangeable.

By: Varied
#7  by: Honestly...   

if you want to be ranked a #1 sorority at UT then just do it. The same traditional ranking list is a result of your on mindset. You allow PiPhi to be #1 every time. Stop it. Who makes a ranking list and makes their own sorority #2, 5, 7????? Your sorority should be #1 on the list every time. Shame on you for ranking your own sorority lesser than it truly is.

By: Honestly...
by: @HonestlyMay 21, 2013 10:26:11 PM

Get over it.

By: @Honestly
by: ReallyJul 1, 2013 5:35:20 PM

Yea, agreed, get over it.

By: Really
by: WellMay 20, 2014 11:13:41 AM

It is just honest to be able to admit that your house is not number one if you are getting girls that wanted other houses but were dropped. That does not mean you can't love your house but you don't need to be in la la land either.....

By: Well
#8  by: I   

honestly think the lower houses on that list are better than the top with the exception of SDT.

By: I
by: WrongJul 1, 2013 5:34:11 PM

No one should call SDT lower. They are just a different category.

By: Wrong
#9  by: OBSERVER   

Theta/ Pi PHi
DDD/ XO
KKG
ZTA/AXO
DG/ADPI/APHI
KD
AZD

By: OBSERVER
by: agreeAug 28, 2012 10:46:35 AM

Id say that's pretty accurate

By: agree
by: noSep 1, 2012 2:44:40 PM

AChiO..always trying to move themselves up. You are not as good as the big six. Take a look at your pledge class vs. theirs

By: no
by: So FarOct 15, 2013 11:34:57 AM

For frats and sororities it's like this- guys: SigEp//Fiji//Omicron(KA)//SAE girls: XO,DDD//Zeta,AXO,DG///P K T

By: So Far
#10  by: Truth   

all comments made are by DG and or AXO. Always trying to be what they will never be but not brave enough to put them on the top of all their self ranking lists. Just Wanna A Be's!!!!! Try to enjoy your chapter and your rush remarks would come back more positive.

By: Truth
by: Why?Aug 29, 2012 6:07:49 PM

I dropped out of rush after skit night because I did not like my choices. I was cut by DG and AXO but thought both houses were amazing. Why so much hate here for these two houses? The girls seems kind and most were very beautiful. (most girls at most houses were kind and beautiful) They seem to be a huge target and just wondered why?

By: Why?
by: Why?Aug 13, 2014 2:55:13 PM

The reason the AXO, DG & APHI get so much hate is because they do indeed take girls from the Big 6. It happens every single year. Their return rates are stellar and girls really like them. But the Big 6 thinks they are "ALL THAT" because they are the Big 6. Things change, life changes, but the Big 6 will always think they are stuck in history. And they are stuck, with their irrational thinking and entitlement. And lets be honest. When you are so dipped in tradition & legacies and chapters feel forced to take girls of past presidents, etc, you are building your house on what use to be and not on what could be. Some of the girls are simply NOT attractive (most are) but they slide in on the pearls of their mothers.

By: Why?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.