facebook

shady business

by: aoii

aoii has been billing girls after they drop by not reporting their drops to hq and then threatening them with low credit score if they don't pay it

Posted By: aoii
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Actually   

Idk details but that’s probably not it. If you don’t drop early enough in a semester, most sororities will require you to play full dues for the semester. That’s just how it works with most nationals.

By: Actually
#2  by: EXCUSE ME   

I'm in aoii and honestly its time to hear our side of the story. Dropping a sorority means informing standards and going through the drop process, not just going MIA and ignoring your sisters' texts. You can't just drop a sorority like its some random school club by disappearing, you need to ASK for a drop and GO THROUGH THE DROP PROCESS.

By: EXCUSE ME
by: agreedApr 4, 2018 8:48:48 PM

The above poster is correct. In AOTT's defense, no voluntary social organization needs to explain their private business on any social media. The unfortunate young women who did not join their sorority for the right reasons ought to be held accountable for their own actions, not be posting their alleged grievances anonymously online.

By: agreed
by: yikeApr 5, 2018 7:59:52 PM

get off GR aopi. we know you live here but everyone knows aopi is doomed. low numbers, shady nationals, and KD colonizing next fall...good luck. get out while you can

By: yike
by: truthApr 6, 2018 10:58:21 AM

More than one girl went through the formal drop process with aoii and has received a huge bill months later for dues incurred after she was voted out. These girls didn’t ghost—they formally dropped and were voted on over a year ago. No other sorority on campus has done this “pay a full semesters dues no matter when you drop” policy, and for good reason

By: truth
#3  by: EXCUSE ME   

Literally every sorority has a drop process and you don't just stop paying dues the day you decide to drop. Look, your sisters get zilch from your dues, its HQ that's asking for payment. SMH college kids need to act more like adults and read what they're signing before they commit to anything.

By: EXCUSE ME
#4  by: lol   

the person this happened to did the formal drop process early last winter and just found out they've been billed for this fall and winter but i'm sure you guys know more about it

By: lol
by: EhApr 4, 2018 11:08:39 PM

Then tell her to take it up with nationals and student legal services. That’d be more helpful than anything here, like you said, what do we know lol

By: Eh
#5  by: drop   

If you formally drop, then going FORWARD you should not owe dues. But, if dues were unpaid before your drop date, you still owe. It's contractual, so will be difficult to get out of paying, even if you went MIA and didn't benefit from membership.

By: drop
#6  by: ?   

Well OP said she dropped a year ago so she really wouldn’t be in that “close circle”? Ah logic

By: ?
#7  by: Aoiilover   

I get off to reading about the beef in aoii

By: Aoiilover
by: hot takeApr 7, 2018 7:32:02 PM

aopi drama is my kinkkkk

By: hot take
#8  by: app   

Is this why they're know as the Hillbilly Mafia?

By: app
#9  by: Lol   

obviously some salty AGDs trying to stir up trouble for AOII to make them look bad

By: Lol
by: thank goodnessApr 8, 2018 4:54:54 PM

Thank goodness not a lot of people on greekrank are actual students; intelligent people have MUCH better things to do than hang here.

By: thank goodness
by: EeeehhApr 8, 2018 5:16:35 PM

I don’t see why agd would care about aoii’s billing problems lol I feel like I’ve met a lot of their upperclassmen who are friends? It just sounds like a whiny ex pledge trying to put private business in public, which only hurts the chapter and not nationals when it seems that nationals are the problem. Regardless they’re still a new chapter and deserve support

By: Eeeehh
#10  by: google it   

= HILLBILLY MAFIA

By: google it

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.