facebook

recruitment

by: PNM

Hello everybody! I was wondering about how many people attend recruitment and how many are accepted into a sorority each year. Are all PNMs successful in finding a place or is the process really selective? Thanks so much!

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Julia   

I was wondering this too! I think that you get a certain ranking process on the last day and my friends told me that it's better to put the maximum amount of choices on it rather than only choosing one (so there are more they can "match" you with I guess). Let's just try our best and see what happens :)

By: Julia
#2  by: GreekGirlUW   

Hey there! I joined a sorority here at UW last fall, and I wouldn't say it's too selective. Last year both KKG and AOPi took 12 or 13 girls. SLG is a little different because it is a local sority so it doesn't have to meet the same quota as the other two, so I'm not sure how many they took, but I believe it was less. In total, I think around 40 girls came to recruitment events, but some events had more than others. I'm so excited to meet you, and I hope you have a great time at recruitment!

P.S. Yes it's good to kee pyour options open if you really want to be in a sorority when you rank them. Ultimately, if you don't like the one you are matched with, you can decline your bid and try again in the winter term!

By: GreekGirlUW
#3  by: just saying   

If you decline your bid you have to wait a whole year to try again. And with only two sororities, what would make you think the other one will want you if they rejected you the first time? This is not good advice.

If you go through recruitment and don't get the house you want, the best thing to do is to accept your bid and be the change you want to see in your chapter. These girls wanted you, they chose you. The other girls didn't want you. I know rejection is hard, but it's a part of life, and we all just have to make the best of what we have.

By: just saying
#4  by: UW Girl   

I definitely agree with the person above. When you rank the three, you should include them all to maximize your chance of getting a bid, and accept a bid from the sorority that chooses you because they chose you for a reason.

This year we had a larger turn out - about 80 different faces, and then I think 60 that were actually eligible for bids. SLG became a panhel associate, so they also had to meet quota. I think each sorority extended about 12-16 bids each. The larger turnout, as well as having one more sorority be a part of recruitment, made it slightly more selective for both sides. But it was a definitely a great recruitment season.

By: UW Girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.