facebook

the irony of posts + next steps

by: do better

so i'm just writing this here because this can be applied to any sororities at carleton.

obviously to some extent, criticism is valid. sharing YOUR expirences are fine and is needed as a potential wake up call for the problematic people involved in these orgs. however, one thing i've noticed in reviews whether it's for phisig, aoii, dphie etc is people are saying they're "petty" and "catty" and name calling.....look at the nature of your comment. you can't simultaneously call these girls out for being rude when you're doing the exact same thing.

additionally, some posts on here include legitimately horrible things (such as racism) and if you've EVER expirenced something like that i urge you or someone you can trust reaches out to execs or the prez of cu sororities, because obviously that's completely unacceptable and should be dealt with.

leaving anon HATE (it's not even criticism at this point, especially with the name drops and name calling) is not the way at all to get your point across. all you're doing is creating worse relations. until you come to someone directly, in a mature way no one is going to listen to you. you have a problem with someone's orgs? DM THEM AND HAVE AN ACTUAL PRODUCTIVE CONVERSATION. these posts make me sick to read given the serious nature of them. have some sensitivity to the subject. seriously, i feel like this is ask.fm all over again and we're just bullying each other because we're bored. do better.

TL;DR- if you have a serious allegation for a certain sorority, a critism that you can present in a mature way or anything like that, reach out to execs or the individual directly. stop leaving anon messages (talking abt the ones with insults) because it gets us nowhere. be an actual adult and reach out.

Posted By: do better
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: !!   

Exactly.

By: !!
#2  by: Right   

Yeah no. I’m going to personally contact Sean Chi on the abuse he’s done.

By: Right
#3  by: Ew   

Clearly some will never understand

By: Ew

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.