facebook

rankings

by: BeachGirl12

As of this year what is the ranking of the soroities? Im a freshman and I didnt go through recruitment cause I was nervous and now I regret it. Hoping they will do a spring recruitment.

Posted By: BeachGirl12
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: honestly    

it really depends on what you like and who you click with. they all have lots of things to offer but I say it's

tri sigma
asa
aopi
a phi
sig kap
dz
gphi
agd

By: honestly
by: tbh Dec 1, 2016 12:17:16 PM

G Phi did better than some of the "top" sororities, they placed 4th in homecoming this year, and this is their first year here on campus.
They also had a higher rate from their recruitment than formal recruitment. If that doesn't say something then I don't know what will.

By: tbh
#2  by: Ucmojennie   

I'd say they are all great choices!
Top houses though are definitely
Asa
Tri sigma
A phi
Aopi
Sig kap
Dz
G phi
Agd

By: Ucmojennie
by: ole mule Jan 22, 2017 9:44:22 PM

Gphi higher than dz and sig kap, we would have prefered them for greek over dz, sigkap, and agd.

By: ole mule
#3  by: OK G Phi    

G Phi is too new to be ranked above the chapters that have been here forever. I agree that they are doing ok, but it is waaaaay too early to try to rank them over Sigma Kappa and Delta Zeta.

Anyway, the rankings I think are:

Alpha Sigma Alpha // Sigma Sigma Sigma [they go back and forth]
Alpha Omicron Pi [super laid back and cool girls]
Delta Zeta // Alpha Phi // Sigma Kappa [Alpha Phi is a super pretty chapter but aren't strong in competitions or grades, Sigma Kappa and Delta Zeta is super involved on campus and hold their own]
Gamma Phi Beta // Alpha Gamma Delta [Gamma Phi Beta is too new to be higher on the charts lol so the person advocating for them to be above Delta Zeta and Sigma Kappa needs to stop and Alpha Gamma Delta are super sweet girls with a good sisterhood but kinda fall through the cracks]

By: OK G Phi
#4  by: the truth   

sigma
asa/aphi
AOPi
DZ
Sig Kap
gphi
agd

By: the truth
by: YaaaaApr 30, 2017 5:53:43 PM

I definitely wouldn't rank the ASA's with Aphi's at all. They're more ranked with the Tri Sigmas, they usually go back and forth with each other. Aphi's are not in the same league as those two sororities.

By: Yaaaa
by: the truthMay 8, 2017 1:26:30 PM

based on looks and personalities they do. Aphi is only bad when it comes to grades

By: the truth
#5  by: Ucm girl   

Sure AGD doesn't win all the trophies but how many chapters can name every single member and know something about them? I always see alpha gams around and they will talk to non greeks unlike higher ranking chapters. I always see them having the time of their lives. If you're going through recruitment keep an open mind. You want to find where you belong. They aren't the worst of the worst. If I was to go through recruitment I'd want a strong sisterhood cause that's what being in a sorority is about. I'd pick Alpha Gamma Delta.

By: Ucm girl
#6  by: Snoutsout   

To PNMs, think about why you're going through recruitment. Is it to be popular, to find friends, a support system, to get involved, or even everyone in your family is greek so you feel obligated to? Whatever the reason is you want to find the chapter that fits that. If you want popularity go ASA or Tri Sigma. If you want sisterhood and a support system go AGD, DZ, AOPi, or Gphi. You join greek life to find your forever home.

By: Snoutsout
by: Kinda rude tbh Jul 7, 2017 9:25:39 AM

"If you want popularity go ASA or tri sigma. If you want an actual Greek life experience go any other chapter"

All the chapters have their own unique sisterhoods and personally, coming from one of the chapters you deemed "popular", we have a strong sisterhood outside of competitions and I have had a superb Greek life experience. Can't speak on the behalf of the other sorority you mentioned to go only if you want to be popular, but I know for a fact mine doesn't take based on how you look or if you want to be popular lol. It really is value based and no one sorority's values is "popularity".

No one cares about popularity in college and PNMs, along with girls in sororities, will know what will fit based on values and personality. So I encourage if any PNM is reading this to go in with an open mind and choose the one that makes you feel like you found your family away from your family. That's what the majority of people in Greek life did.

I think we should be using this website to promote going FSL instead of bashing the other sororities but to each their own

By: Kinda rude tbh
#7  by: truth   

top: tri sigma and asa
middle-top: aoii
middle: delta zeta
middle-bottom: sigkap and aphi
bottom: agd & gphi
you're welcome

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.