facebook

tri delt shutting down

by: Fka

I'm so sad about it. There aren't enough sororities as it is and because of people's stigma and inability to have an open mind we are losing another house at ucla one that has been around for over 90+ years.
Really sad moment for ucla Greek system

Posted By: Fka
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: No   

The only ones they have to blame are themselves. If you can't recruit then you shouldn't have a house.

By: No
by: Frat Jun 4, 2017 6:07:32 AM

If you can't see that the loss of Tri Delt is a loss for you all, you're an f-ing idiot and what's wrong with this entire greek system. And the fact that you all think you have actual tiers for your sororitys is a complete joke. You're all the same but you make up ridiculous lies about each house to try to make one house sound better than the next. PNM's: wake up! There is no difference between the perceived top 6-7 houses or more...you're a fool if you think otherwise.

By: Frat
by: Why Jun 4, 2017 2:40:07 PM

Tri Delt has 0 Campus presence and less than 50 members, there nothing wrong with the fact that they clearly were not operating the right way. This isn't about "tiers" this is abou that fact that girls would rather not be Ina house than join them. That's an internal problem not the fault of the rest of the row. Houses like AGD, and AXO which started in the last 5 years were able to do better than Tri Delt. Also less girls are rushing every year so it's not a big loss for the row in general.

By: Why
#2  by: /////   

To close a chapter is a LOSS to the greek system. Tri Delt is a
good house nationally and has one of the best philantrophies with St. Jude. You could almost feel that this was coming with them not rushing
with the other sororities last Fall but they seemed to pick up a good
number of girls after Rush---but maybe they had to many drops and their
number couldn't support the house. They have a beautiful house and
strong Alumni Association so hopefully they can come back strong in
a few years.

By: /////
#3  by: sad   

no matter what opinions you have on the chapter, I think we can all agree that utmost best hard formal of those girls lose their someway from home on such short notice.

By: sad
#4  by: ~   

Unfortunately, a sorority is also a business, and they were struggling to the point that they weren't financially viable anymore.

If nothing else, they're still sisters in good standing and they can stay involved as alumnae. Sigma Delta Tau at USC was closed last year, and their remaining members who are still in school joined SDT's LA alumnae association.

By: ~
#5  by: Tri delt alum   

Just know that now the other houses will have to take those diverse faces of UCLA and expect someone else to fall soon. Ucla diversity is not Greek heaven. And as a UCLA and tri delta alum from 1975...a top house then who was one of the first to take girls who represented all of UCLA faces, the punishment was losing membership. Sad for tri delt, sad for UCLA. Panhellenic leadership and administrators you should also be held accountable.

By: Tri delt alum
by: oafJun 7, 2017 12:21:22 PM

what if nobody takes them ? they technically dont have to. this is scary and such a step backwards. houses are scared to be diverse citing tri delt as an example of what could happen if they allow diversity.

By: oaf
#6  by: ?   

What could the administration do? They can't force people to pledge a sorority. It was up to Tri Delt's national office to come in and help these girls and show them how to present their differences and diversity as an asset. That's what you pay national dues for.

By: ?
by: DDDJun 12, 2017 10:59:12 AM

Until recently Tri Delt national had a document on their website that was basically a "hit list" of chapters in danger of being closed for numbers if they didn't improve. The UCLA chapter was at the top of the list, and the chapter at Arizona was #2.

The Indiana chapter was a top house, but they basically thumbed their noses at national when it came to risk management.

By: DDD
#7  by: Reality   

I mean you know this is coming when tridelt skipped formal recruitment which totally backfired on them cause every girl who wants to rush will do it formally. Also when they started going to frats to get them to tell "their friends" to join well that's just the end of it.

By: Reality
#8  by: wow   

Wow this is sad. I do hope they come back in a few years. It should help them a lot that they get to start fresh. Are they keeping the house?

By: wow
#9  by: Frat Fred   

I'm Shocked. I went to UCLA in the late 1970s and my sister was a Tridelt. It was one of the top 4 houses at UCLA back then, both from a the class of girl and from a guy's perspective. My mother was a tridelt from the 1950s, from UCLA. they have, or had, a strong alumnae association that my mother was in until her death.

I just find this so hard to believe. What happened? They had good leadership, great girls, and during rush, they had to turn away so many, according to my sister, and their pledge classes were still huge, perhaps 40.

By: Frat Fred
by: YeahJan 20, 2020 12:08:15 AM

In the 1980s Tridelt was a top 4 house. Really incredible girls who are now ashamed alums. Too bad. All sororities watch out - Nationals and house moms who don't support their chapters bring down the whole thing.

By: Yeah
#10  by: Old Time Bruin Guy   

I attended UCLA in the mid-`60s, and the Tri-Delts were awesome! After graduating, surviving the Vietnam War, and then returning to UCLA to attend law school, the Tri-Delts were still a great group of women, and every one of them was gorgeous. I remember dating the President of Delta Delta Delta,and what an articulate and lovely young woman she was. What's her name? I can't tell you.

By: Old Time Bruin Guy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.