facebook

sorority gpa???

by: .

I am involved in many leadership orgs, am super involved in the community, philanthropy, etc., but I barely have a 3.0 GPA. I was thinking about rushing in the fall, but worried about if my GPA will effect what sororities (if any) would accept me?

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes!   

You definitely need to maintain a 3.0! As far as I know, sororities have cutoffs and I know a few cutoffs are at 3.0, so if you had a 2.9 it would really really hurt you.

Yes, "upper tier" houses will cut for a 3.0, but you definitely would still have a chance in the fall with a lot of great houses. In my personal opinion, do not wait for spring! I think you'll be glad you went through.

By: yes!
#2  by: Gpa   

Of course the higher your gpa the better your chances, however, it is what it is and that shouldn't stop you from going through recruitment.
And what is "upper tier"?
Pi phi has highest gpa...and?
That's important to them..and?
Lots of great girls (also with high gpa's) in all the houses.
When I went through recruitment and met girls at houses I never once thought oh she's nice wonder what her gpa is. Oh this house seems so awesome, wonder what their overall gpa is.
One house here is grade obsessed, if you're close to 3.0 you'll be fine at others.
Most houses have a cut off cause they want to be sure you don't end up dropping out of school, not cause of some weird "grade status" thing.

By: Gpa
#3  by: Raidergirl    

Do they cut based on weighted or unweighted GPA?

By: Raidergirl
by: ttuDec 3, 2017 6:40:11 PM

unweighted

By: ttu
#4  by: pklake3457   

what are the sorority’s personal gpa requirements ?!

By: pklake3457
#5  by: Guest   

it's texas tech, it shouldn't be that hard to get a good gpa.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.