facebook

why do so many girls drop?

by: curious

the new academic comparisons also include totals for chapters, initiated members, and new members. On average, 16.6 girls are missing between fall and spring semesters, but some chapters had way more:

SK: 32
APhi: 24
Chi O: 21 (had 68 actives in the fall, 47 in the spring)
ADPi and AEPhi: 18
KD: 17
Pi Phi: 16
SDT: 15
KKG: 14
Phi Sig: 13
Theta: 12

Obviously this doesn't tell the whole story (some girls transferred, went inactive, took a semester off school, graduated early) and doesn't "rank" the chapters from "worst" to "best" because this isn't the order they're in academically and doesn't show how many informal new members they took or new members in formal recruitment. But some of these numbers are HUGE and I wonder why girls aren't staying in certain chapters over others.

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

It’s not necessarily people who dropped- it also accounts for girls who graduated early

By: No
#2  by: Guest   

I assume this also excludes leaves of absence, most chapters have easily 15-20 people studying abroad in the spring. That + early graduates + transfers would explain the majority

By: Guest
#3  by: ???   

Op legit mentions graduating early, and you still submit your grades for study abroad even if you’re not recruiting and going to chapter so maybe that’s it but wouldn’t a relatively consistent number of girls go abroad from each chapter?

By: ???
#4  by: eh   

I think it’s almost entirely early graduations.

By: eh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.