facebook

voice of reason

by: peachy

Its straight up dumb to rank the frats and sororities because they represent different values.

But it especially breaks my heart to see so much girl on girl hate on this website. This post is specifically addressing all of the pointed attacks on the adpi greek rank page. Adpi tries to create and support an atmosphere for women to find themselves and express their unique style, whether that is dying your hair or getting tattoos or wearing lilly pulitzer and having french tip nails. It is about inclusivity. it is about love of diversity.

When you say that a sorority is not a real sorority, it means you have perceived a set of rules- how to dress, how to act, how to become a woman.
But these rules are arbitrary. They are socially determined. They should not apply to anyone. The "other" girls are not all alike.
Be different but do not set yourself apart. You can find positive traits in the "other" girls, while still holding on to what makes you special.
celebrate diversity.

Posted By: peachy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wwll   

There are no set rules on "how to be a woman." But there are traditional sorority values- values that adpis at southwestern don't always live up to. They constantly talk about witchcraft and voodoo yet Alpha Delta Pi sorority was founded with Christian values. They protest other Greek organizations, when we should support one another. It's just a bit odd.

By: Wwll
by: ___Jun 18, 2015 10:16:08 AM

I personally don't relate to the adpi vibe but I think it's pretty cool how we have this whole alternative sorority thing going on at Southwestern. And adpis are generally pretty NICE which is rare.

By: ___
by: ()()()()()Jun 21, 2015 10:06:33 PM

Oh no, some of their members own a toy ouija board they must not be a real sorority! If you would like to join a sorority with guaranteed christian values, join phi lamb. Otherwise, none of the sororities at Southwestern have what you call "traditional sorority values." Get out of the 1900s.

By: ()()()()()
by: ACTUAL SU STUDENTFeb 4, 2016 12:41:14 AM

I beg to differ, I think the other sororities do uphold Christian values in their ceremonies and beliefs. If you look at sororities around in the country they are based on religious values. That doesn't mean you have to be a Christian but like being into voodoo just doesn't scream sorority girl to most of us. Also it's a bit disturbing.

By: ACTUAL SU STUDENT
by: yeah yeah whateverMar 8, 2016 12:40:42 AM

girl just cause you know they're hexing you doesn't mean they aren't a sorority

By: yeah yeah whatever
#2  by: hi   

I have definitely heard of other sororities telling pnms that adpi isn't a real sorority DURING recruitment and then adpis being asked if they are during their parties.

By: hi
by: johnnnySep 18, 2017 3:58:31 PM

nawwww bro its awesome

By: johnnny
#3  by: Wow   

ADPi is a real sorority. Just because ADPi doesn't recruit the traditional sorority girl does not mean they are not a real sororoity. ADPi's actually, believe it or not, have lots of Christian ideals involved in various types of rituals. Also, they have one bad member that protests other sororities. Who cares. That member shoud drop anyways.

By: Wow
#4  by: Wow   

ADPi is a real sorority. Just because they don't recruit what you typically think of when you hear sororoity girl does not invalidate them. They have never protested other Greek Organizations! They love all of greek life. Believe it or not, they actually do have lots of christian ideals involved in their practices. Stop saying its alternative. Don't confuse PNM's and twist their views. They want girls who want to be there. Not girls that are going to bash greek life.

By: Wow
#5  by: ..   

Yeah y’all all suck compared to any other university “top sorority girls” at southwestern would be the first to get cut anywhere else in Texas. Be humble and nice not self righteous

By: ..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.