facebook

sororities?

by: Freshman

I've always wanted to join a sorority, how are they at new paltz? Could someone explain a little bit each one? Which one is hardest to get into?? Please help i really want to rush but i dont know anything

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

Between your typical sororities (AEPhi SDT and PiPhiD) they all take similar types of girls, it just depends on who you fit in with best. There really aren't tiers and no sorority is better than another since its so small. They all do a lot of community service and they mix with pretty much all of the frats. Pi PhiD is not recognized on campus and is community based so they dont have the same national presence as the other two, but choosing local or national is a completely your choice, and each has their own pros and cons! If you really are considering rush, check them all out. all awesome groups of girls, not really necesary to pit them against each other.

By: Guest
#2  by: NP Greek Student   

Honestly it's all about looking at the different sororities that the school has to offer and looking around at the different events that the orgs are hosting during rush (rush is the first three weeks of each semester). You have the bigger sororities (AEPhi, SDT), the smaller sororities (AKPhi, KDPhiNAS, LTO) , the Latino sororities (Chi Upsilon Sig, SIA, LPiU, OPB, SLG, SLY) and the African American sororities (Delta Sigma Theta, SGRho). It's really all about finding what's best for you and DON'T BE AFRAID TO SHOP AROUND. I thought I wanted to stick with one sorority during rush, but then I found a different org that I really belong to because I kept on looking, so go to GIs and events for all different sororities because you'll never know until you find it. Also, do a little research on the SUNY website. They have a list of all of the orgs and some of them have websites that you should look at. Good luck!

By: NP Greek Student
#3  by: Idk   

Greek life at New Paltz is super different from most other schools! So take a look and “shop” around !!!

By: Idk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.