facebook

why did pi phi and chi o not take girls?

by: 2023

I don’t understand. I was cut from pi phi after second round and went to Chi O and another sorority for preference round.
I ranked chi o first and thought I was secure with them since I had a great preference round. You can imagine how upset I was and my surprise when I didn’t get a bid from chi o. I was then even more upset and hurt to find out that pi phi and chi o only took 20 girls for their pledge classes. Every other sorority at Valpo gave our more bids out than these two!!! Why did these girls only give out minimal bids and cut so many? Don’t they want a large group of girls for their sorority??? What is their problem?

Posted By: 2023
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: -   

Each chapter has a specific number they have to meet in order to meet campus total. Every chapter is different. There are a lot of numbers involved that they have to take into consideration, like their recruitment history, rules from the national office, etc. GPA is also a factor.

By: -
#2  by: VAL   

maybe they just weren’t that into you.
it’s ok not to fit into every group.
no need to bash chi o and pi phi.
maybe you should focus on the sorority that you got a bid from vs. the ones you didn’t.

By: VAL
#3  by: Nickname   

It's not for everyone

By: Nickname
#4  by: Byby   

Consider yourself lucky actually.
At least one of these sororities' members talk about each other behind their backs. Like that's going to go well

By: Byby
by: :)Feb 19, 2020 5:33:34 PM

not cool to say from an outside perspective! every sorority has their own bond and no one should compare eachothers sisterhood! i’d focus on ur own before bashing others!

By: :)
#5  by: :)   

actually there is a set number of girls sororities are allowed to take and both those organizations gave out more bids! actually both those sororities met the quota that was set by panhellenic :) make sure not to judge things when you aren’t education on how things work:)

By: :)
by: Whoa Feb 20, 2020 3:45:19 AM

Your comment makes no sense! How could both of those sororities give out more bids when they cut the most girls? I know of at least 20 some girls that would do anything to be a Chi O or a Pi Phi and all of them got cut either before preference round or were not given a bid!!! Honestly it makes the whole Greek system seem exclusive and cliquey and is hard on a girl’s self esteem

By: Whoa
#6  by: 3Delt    

Maybe they didn’t want you. BUT there are other sororities on Valpo campus that do want you!! Sophomore year focus on those sororities when rushing and leave the so called “top tier” to themselves.

By: 3Delt

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.