facebook

recruitment help

by: Curious

Can someone explain recruitment at Valpo?

I have friends at Purdue and IU and it seems really different. How competitive is recruitment? What are the chapters looking for? Do we need rec letters? Do we need to go to the events before recruitment starts? How should we dress?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wth   

Fraternity or Sorority?

By: Wth
#2  by: Me too   

I'm curious too. Sorority

By: Me too
#3  by: Rc   

Very few girls don't make a sorority at all. But each chapter makes a different amount of cuts a year. Each chapter sets different goals for what kind of girls they want to recruit. The best advice I ever got was "be yourself on your best day". Just be you and you'll end where you're supposed to. No letters of recommendation needed, does help tho if you are a legacy. Definitely go to events before recruitment, it will help you meet all the girls in the chapters. And for dress, there are 3 nights and you will be shown what to wear by panhellenic council. Good luck!

By: Rc
#4  by: Recruitment   

Almost all girls will get chosen by a house. Keep your options open and trust you will land where you are supposed to be.
FIRST NIGHT- orientation- wear anything ... comfortable.
RECRUITMENT DAY1- casual- jeans, leggings sweater, and since it will be cold probably boots.
RECRUITMENT DAY 2- sisterhood- dressy business casual. Skirts, pants, blouse, sweaters etc.
RECRUITMENT DAY 3- preference- dressy dress. No prom like dresses, no formal dresses. Think dressy wedding.

You do not need red letters. Keep an open mind and be yourself. Keep an open mind and no matter where you end up, you will love it. All of our houses are great! Good Luck!

By: Recruitment

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.