facebook

what sororities look for in recruitment

by: Curious

I was just wondering what do the sororities on campus exactly look for when recruiting. Is it a certain look, personality thing or do you have to know people in the sorority cause a lot of girls this year got in by the second one :/

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Advice    

It just depends on what group you’re looking at. Some chapters take looks into account, some don’t. Some prioritize grades more than others. They want to pick girls whose values match their own. If you didn’t go where you want, give where you went a shot. It may be a better fit than you think. If you didn’t stick with recruitment or aren’t in any houses, just get to know some of them and maybe look at informal recruitment in the spring. If you went to pref and didn’t get a chapter, it’s probably because you did something called suicide rushing where you only put one chapter on your bid list. Mathematically if you do that it lowers your chances of getting the chapter you want even if they ranked you high.

By: Advice
by: WowSep 8, 2019 10:40:52 PM

When I’ did pick my sororities I dropped the one I got picked for, so maybe I Suicide rushed on accident? I didn’t even know that was a thing.

By: Wow
by: AdviceSep 9, 2019 5:50:55 AM

It sounds like you could have. If it was pref night that’s probably what happened. You could be in a chapter's top ten and still be dropped if you only said you were open to one chapter only. If it wasn’t pref night, I’m not sure. The only thing I’ve seen girls dropped from everywhere for are grades. That, or system glitches. If you really want to know you could go talk to Panhellenic or ask your pi chi and they should be able to give you some clarity.

By: Advice
by: WozowskiSep 11, 2019 2:04:40 AM

Yea I thought I had great talks with all of the sororities except the one I dropped the first night and then they were the only one who asked me back then I was dropped by the rest of them 😂 soooo...what could that mean?

By: Wozowski

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.