facebook

money commitment

by: Dollar

What is the financial commitment for sororities? How much is registration and the dues you have when you're in? Also do you have to pay for any of the events or donate to charity? I thought the dues cover everything.

Posted By: Dollar
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: froyo   

Are you referring to registration for formal recruitment? Last year it was 30$ but you are provided with lunch and snacks throughout it. As for dues, it really depends on the sorority. 700-1500 I think. In terms of events and philanthropy some sororities budget so that girls can attend events and some don't. You're never forced to donate additional money but are encourahed, i mean hey it is going to a good cause! Hope that covers everything!

By: froyo
#2  by: truth   

ubc is a fuicking joke, and i can tell that u r broke and ur parents have no money bcuz u need to ask.

By: truth
by: MAGIC!Jul 31, 2014 5:09:17 PM

why you gotta be soo rudeeeee, don't you know I'm human tooooo

By: MAGIC!
#3  by: Soror   

Dues for your first year are about $1200 and then drop in subsequent years to an average of just below $1000. These dues do cover all of the large events and things like your involvement in rec sports but on rare occasions some sororities do ask for extra for certain things (e.g. tshirts). The above answer was right about the recruitment registration fee, it's $30 or $35 if you pay late.
It may seem like a lot but it's beyond worth it and many sororities have scholarships available for their members and provide payment plans.
In the future I suggest you go to ubcsororities.com with these questions because this site isn't a very good representation of our community or source of information.
Hope that helps!

By: Soror

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.