facebook

sorority recruitment

by: !!!

hello!! I'm planning on going through sorority recruitment in the fall, and was just wondering if courses taken in the summer term can be included in our overall gpa? I know that all the sororities have a minimum average and I want to get more of an understanding about academic requirements since I will be rushing in my 2nd year
thanks for the help!

Posted By: !!!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hey   

So are you rushing this year?
I'm not 100% certain, but what I would assume is that you would put whatever official grades you are given on the application form. So yes, I would put summer courses in there as well.
Keep in mind that some sororities don't really care about grades, but most do. (probably 7/8 sororities here actually care) So try not to slack off. Good luck. :)

By: hey
by: !!!May 7, 2014 4:48:09 PM

yes I am going to be rushing this september when the winter session starts again but I will be taking some summer courses in the mean time. Thanks for all your help answering my questions :)!!

By: !!!
#2  by: dude   

^^^^^ go to school in the states. UBC is a joke and so is their greek life

By: dude
by: abcJun 22, 2014 5:32:24 PM

UBC is a great school and they have excellent sororities...get lost, dude.

By: abc
#3  by: yay!   

I'm so happy to hear you're rushing. Yes, summer courses can 100% count towards GPA for sorority recruitment.

Keep in mind some chapters only require 60% or so, whereas some require 75% or 90% for high school students.

Of course, if they love you, then they'll make an exception

By: yay!
by: wrong info?Jun 21, 2014 4:58:58 PM

I wouldn't say that if they love you, they will make an exception. I know in some cases chapters really really love girls at recruitment, but because of their requirements have to let them go.
So if you don't have the grades and a chapter doesn't take you, don't think it is because they don't love you enough!

By: wrong info?
#4  by: ^   

are u fuc king kidding me? UBC takes just about anyone half the school is international kids who dont speak a word of english. who the fuc k would want to go to UBC anyways when u can attend a college in the us with an amazing greek system. ppl who attend ubc r too broke and poor to attend an american school thats y they r at ubc

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.