facebook

director of greek life...

by:    

I love being Greek, but the current Director of Greek Life at AUM is a complete disaster! For over five years, I have seen first hand how Lakecia Harris operates. Greek Life has seen a growth rate that seems to remain stagnant year after year. She puts almost ZERO effort into promoting Greek Life at AUM! Once every semester, she will "put together" a Greek Week, which consists of 2-3 random events that all the Greek organizations awkwardly take part in, mainly to please her. This is the only time you will see Lakecia involved with the Greek organizations, other than when the occasional legal issue arises.

Perhaps my biggest issue with her is the discriminatory behavior she has against the three different types of Greek organizations. I am referring specifically to the following:

(1) National Panhellenic Council Fraternities & Sororities
(2) National Panhellenic Conference Sororities
(3) Inter-Fraternity Council Members

She treats the National Panhellenic Council fraternities & sororities differently than the rest. She gets away with doing this through means of bureaucracy. To get anything done, no matter how insignificant it may be, there is a confusing process in place that requires Lakecia's approval for everything. National Panhellenic Council groups do not need her approval; just look around at all the flyers they have posted on campus (without stamp of approval). The list of things goes on, and I promise, THIS IS NO SECRET AMOUNG THE GREEK COMMUNITY

Posted By: warhawk_fan
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm glad someone has finally brought this up! SO TRUE!!!

By: butters

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Thank you for saying it.

By: Ceelo Green
#3by:    

we will never be able to get her out of office. just have to work around her.

By: ^
#4by:    

Amen

By: AUM

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.