facebook

Would y’all want another sorority?

by: ?

Would y’all want another sorority on campus? And if so, which one?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :)   

either panhel or ofsl already voted on this or is gonna vote on it VERY SOON and the general consensus is that they’re not adding any chapters any time soon bc it’s more important to try to fix and foster a positive culture in the chapters that already exist here rather than add another one

By: :)
by: ?Nov 25, 2022 7:06:55 PM

What chapter did they vote on? Who is trying to charter here?

By: ?
by: NewNov 26, 2022 11:58:51 AM

I think it’s either dz or dg

By: New
by: insideNov 30, 2022 10:06:38 AM

they were not given a name/sorority that would join. just voted on the possibility

By: inside
#2  by: No   

Nope, we don’t need another one because some that we already have can’t reach quota

By: No
#3  by: Idea   

Let’s create a sorority for all of the girls that have been bullied and mentally abused by their past chapters !!

By: Idea
by: bad news :(Nov 28, 2022 1:20:54 AM

unfortunately, once you’ve been initiated into one chapter, a lot of chapters have a National rule that you cannot be initiated into a different chapter later on

By: bad news :(
#4  by: Sad:(   

yes. i had an awful experience with rush this year. there’s not nearly enough spots for the amount of girls going through rush and if you don’t know any girls already from any of the houses you’re basically screwed

By: Sad:(
by: er Nov 28, 2022 7:42:37 AM

I didn’t know anyone before and i’m in a top sorority

By: er
by: HuhNov 30, 2022 2:59:17 PM

Not true unless you make a bad impression or have a bad reputation. Lots of girls with no connections in top houses

By: Huh
by: ?Nov 30, 2022 3:33:31 PM

You should try rush again as a sophomore or in the spring now that you have the connections with people in your grade!

By: ?
by: UmDec 3, 2022 7:47:27 AM

You’re actually guaranteed a spot in a sorority if you rush, even if that spot is in kkg, if you exhaust all your options you get a bid. The only way you don’t end up in a sorority is if you drop rush or suicide bid.

By: Um
by: HuhDec 4, 2022 9:53:18 AM

You say there aren’t enough spots for the number of girls going through rush but there were sororities that didn’t reach quota. There were enough spots, you’re basically saying you thought you were too good for certain chapters. I didn’t know anyone when I rushed and happily ended up in my top favorite house and i know tons of other girls who had the same experience

By: Huh
#5  by: Uh   

No recruitment numbers have declined and sss just left bc they couldn’t make quota

By: Uh
#6  by: Nuff   

No, we don’t need any more sororities. People rush and get their feelings hurt because they get dropped by someone they like and then drop rush all together instead of being open minded. If they really want to join a sorority they COB or rush again. There’s plenty of spots for those that want to pledge but some sororities are more popular. I don’t see how a new sorority would benefit us. Several sororities have come and gone over the years.

By: Nuff

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.