facebook

i want to drop !!!

by: plz help

I just joined this semester and I don’t like my sorority or my pledge class. I don’t think I am meant to be in this org. I wasn’t initiated yet. Would I be able to drop and try again next spring or is it to late for that?? And if I tried again, would any other girls actually want me?? Please let me know what to do. They just aren’t my group of girls

Posted By: plz help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: accurate   

If you haven’t been initiated you can still drop and join another national org next spring. You won’t be able to rush next fall, you have to wait a year since you signed your mramb. I know plenty of girls that have done this and have ended up finding their homes the following year. Good luck!

By: accurate
by: hello Mar 9, 2021 11:40:05 PM

Would any org actually want me if I dropped and tried to join somewhere else. Does it look bad?

By: hello
by: for @hello ^Mar 28, 2021 6:16:14 PM

A sorority will take you I promise! I absolutely do not blame you for not being able to tell where you are truly meant to be, especially not while during a pandemic and virtual recruitment. Even without this going on, the greek community is very understanding and everyone wants pnm’s to find their home even if it ends up not being with that org. You will be okay! follow your heart and good luck!

By: for @hello ^
#2  by: Do it   

Girl if you don’t feel comfortable, drop. The org itself might be salty about it but next year you can rush again in the spring and just have to tell NPC that you don’t feel comfortable going to that chapter. They won’t make you go to any of their events.

By: Do it
#3  by: why?   

What has changed since you got your bid that makes you believe the sorority is not for you or that you don't like your pledge class? You obviously felt you liked them well enough to accept your bid in the fall, so what's changed? I think that most of what you are doing is via Zoom, so you're missing a lot of the face to face time it takes to build relationships. And others here say drop and re-rush, Bloomsburg is well-known for not giving those who drop another chance. Word I've heard to describe those who drop: d-bags. I've heard chapters also say that they won't take anyone who depledges from another sorority. Take anything here with a grain of salt and understand you may end up not being Greek after all of this. But ultimately it's your choice.

By: why?
by: TayahMar 20, 2021 7:53:14 PM

Stfu this is a strategy that DEB employs to recruit ppl, make it feel like they have no choice, that’s how they got me. Honey you always have a choice

By: Tayah
by: Not a felonMar 27, 2021 1:07:35 PM

Tayah, you were up their asses until you stole their entire bank account. You have too much dirty laundry to be aired to say anything. Go crawl in your little felon hole and leave all Greek life out of your mouth.

By: Not a felon
by: also not a felonMar 27, 2021 2:33:42 PM

Tayah, you also stole thousands of dollars from the org that you were kicked out of. You have no room to talk, honey.

By: also not a felon
by: wrongggMar 28, 2021 6:13:54 PM

This is absolutely not true at all. There are multiple women that I know who have dropped out of the pledging process and have gone on to find other homes with a different home. Sometimes, the org you thought was for you just ends up being the wrong choice. Everyone in the community wants PNMs to find where they truly belong and NOBODY holds it against a pledge if they drop for those kinds of reasons, especially not during a pandemic with virtual recruitment. I also know multiple women who have gone through rush 3 or more times because they didn’t know where they belonged, and they found their homes eventually as well.

By: wronggg
by: confused Mar 30, 2021 4:33:49 PM

wait.. tayah did what??? i thought she dropped deb not the other way around

By: confused
by: UmmmApr 13, 2021 8:50:34 PM

Miss girl, tayah was blackballed for stealing money and bullying sisters.

By: Ummm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.