facebook

dues

by: Sorority

Ive been asking around for the cost of being in a sorority I understand that the national chapeters are more expensive than the local ones does anyone have a list or can give me a general idea about how much it costs. I also hear if you don't live in the house you get fined? I live off campus and I have my own room and bathroom and I'm trying to NOT leave that sweet deal.

Posted By: Sorority
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: $$$$   

Nationals are about 300-400 a semester. I don't think any cost more than about 370 to be honest. And there is payment plans!
Locals range about 70-100 a semester
As for living in the house, normally there is a draft kind of system, so if your name is put in the draft and you chose to not live in the house there is a fine. I know some sororities spilt the fine amongst "out of house" sisters.
Living in the house does cause your dues to be lower though!

By: $$$$
#2  by: Money   

I agree with up Above^. You will also have to know that events cost money (suck, banquet, birthdays, etc).

By: Money
#3  by: TTO   

It all really depends the sorority that you join. I am in a local sorority and we pay under $200 a semester and if you decide to live in the house then the price is cheaper. For us, we don't make sisters live in the house unless we can't fill it to the minimum amount that could fit. Joining Greek life was one of my best decisions so far in my college career, hope this helped!

By: TTO

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.