facebook

how do the sororities haze?

by: avoidinghazing

It's well known that DZ, ASA and I think Tri's all haze. How do they? Wanna rush next semester, but don't wanna be hazed --- unless it's like, friendly hazing, if that's something that exists?

Posted By: avoidinghazing
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Real   

No hazing is "friendly" but it's my impression that none of the sororities at Truman haze anymore which is awesome because we're all above that and can form lasting bonds with our sisters without that.

By: Real
#2  by: Coco   

Girlfriend, no one hazes so just stop listening to the rumors and make your own decisions like a grown woman.

By: Coco
by: AnonymousMar 11, 2022 11:00:00 AM

They were still hazing non-students as of 2017-2019, and likely played a role of hazing outside of Kirksville into 2020 and possibly even 2021. They’re very secretive, and do it on social media via metaphors and subtle references

By: Anonymous
#3  by: Truman   

DZ, Tris, and Alphas all haze. If they say they don't, they are lying to your face. None of what they do is "fun" or "nice" hazing. It is meant to abuse and hurt you.

DZ is a combination of physical and phychological hazing. They will watch you and follow your every move, making sure you obey their orders. You will be taken to their house, separated into different rooms, and yelled at if one of your pledgemates broke a rule, and quiz you over things; should you fail, more yelling and abuse. They make you come up with a cruel nickname to call your pledgemates, and one of their bonding activities includes saying something you hate about the person sitting next to you. They make you do other degrading things, such as drinking until you pass out, and wearing a diaper so you don't make a mess for them. If you don't drink alcohol, they will make you drink juice out of a sippy cup until you vomit. For hell week, you stay up all day/night, and you get 1 hour to either shower or sleep. They expect you to shower.

Alphas and tris are more psychological. They will tell you that you are the worst pledge class ever, you were at the bottom of their bid list, you are an immense disappoitment. For alphas, you get grey and white letters, and you have to "earn" your colors. They will make you cry at every meeting. They break you down so they can redeem you by initiating you. You have to wear your badge on your underwear and any time an active sees you they can demand to see it.

By: Truman
by: EhhJun 11, 2015 9:25:37 PM

The alpha stuff is all true here but DZ has become a lot less intense in the past few years. Nowhere near that harsh of hazing anymore. I heard the last pledge class didn't have to do anything before initiation.

By: Ehh
by: Ok...Aug 12, 2015 10:05:10 PM

Ha! Did you join all of these sororities and did you go through ALL of their pledge seasons?! NO! There is NO hazing at Truman anymore. That really was a thing of the past. Go away, now, please!

By: Ok...
by: Back upAug 30, 2015 11:32:28 PM

I know for a fact that several (if not all) of these allegations are false. You obviously don't know the truth, and you shouldn't post some made-up story you heard for dramatic effect to scare people or make organizations look bad. Maybe things like this happened years ago, but not today. Don't spread false rumors, please, for the sake of Greek life and all the great women in these sororities.

By: Back up
by: UmmmSep 8, 2015 8:47:04 AM

Are you in these sororities? Do you know first hand? Well I'm in one of them and I know for a FACT we don't haze. So stop being one of those people that believes everything they hear. It's pathetic!

By: Ummm
by: AnonymousMar 11, 2022 11:00:53 AM

They haze non-students too

By: Anonymous
#4  by: dontlistentothelies   

I can't speak for any other sorority, but Alphas do NOT haze. We would not disrespect our badges by putting them anywhere near our underwear.

By: dontlistentothelies
by: ButAug 2, 2015 4:29:28 PM

I have personally seen one of my friends do the underwear thing with her pledge pin

By: But
#5  by: Bump   

Bump....pnms need to know about all of this

By: Bump

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.