facebook

Diverse Sororities

by: Diversity???

In light of everything, what sororities are the most diverse? Not looking for all white blonde girls.

Posted By: Diversity???
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hello   

Of the ones involved in panhel, dz and dphie are probably most diverse, although none are really THAT diverse. I would say KD and ZTA are definitely the least diverse

By: Hello
by: lolJun 17, 2020 5:03:31 PM

dz??? lmao

By: lol
by: HaJun 18, 2020 5:25:00 AM

bruh. dz?? LOL good one.

By: Ha
#2  by: greekfreak   

honestly the sororities that i remember having any POC when i went through rounds were dphie, tri sig, or theta.

By: greekfreak
#3  by: Diversity   

This is a great thing to consider when rushing so shoutout to you for asking this! IMO, dphie, theta, and axid are the most diverse. I would say the least diverse are ZTA, KD, and DZ. I’m mostly going off of how comfortable the BIPOC I know in these orgs feel/if they feel supported, tokenized, etc.

By: Diversity
by: zapzap Jul 20, 2020 10:22:57 AM

Axid is like 99% white they’re not diverse at all lmao

By: zapzap
#4  by: No.   

Having five or so WOC in an organization does not make a sorority “diverse.” NO sorority at TCNJ is diverse. A drastic change in the Panhellenic community must change before POC can feel comfortable and welcomed into the community. There is no settling for mandatory one hour seminars and “educational” Instagram stories. Recruitment is underlined in privilege - trying to connect to and impress white women who you share no common background with and may see you representing your culture as unrelatable or “cool and trendy” at best. Things need to change.

By: No.
#5  by: Most diverse:   

just because some orgs are criticized for certain instances doesn't mean their members aren't diverse. dphie, dz, tri sig are the most diverse in Panhell, but none of the Panhellenic orgs are actually diverse

By: Most diverse:
by: uhJul 19, 2020 5:19:15 AM

tri sig is not diverse by any means

By: uh
by: lolJul 19, 2020 5:53:57 PM

dz??? lmao

By: lol
#6  by: a thought   

Would also like to point out that just because an org isn't diverse doesn't mean they are actively discriminating in recruitment. As a member of an org that struggles with diversity, I feel that part of the problem is that WOC are less likely to want to join an org that is all white, which is entirely understandable. We recognize that in order to get more diverse in years to come, we have to begin reflecting on what it is about us and our recruitment that only draws in white PNMs and CHANGE that! As more WOC join an org, more will become comfortable joining in the future. We have to start somewhere. For some orgs, that might look like slowly attracting more diverse girls in each pledge class. We have a lot of work to do and all must be willing to stop giving bids to whichever girls "fit in with us the most" and start giving out bids who can help improve our orgs.

By: a thought
#7  by: tri_vi   

i'm LGBT and in Tri Sigma and they're incredibly welcoming and inclusive to the LGBT community!

By: tri_vi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.