facebook

helpalilfreshgirl

by: SanMoHall

I’m looking to rush this spring. However the issue is the two of the three sororities I’m interested in are always hated on and have a terrible turnover rate (ZTA and AZD). So my question is should I reconsider my options?? Or just wait till next fall? I’ve waited to rush in the spring just so I wouldn’t have any bias against any fraternity but my options are the most biased. My third option if there is a mutual connection is ADPI.

Posted By: SanMoHall
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Tbh   

It’s good to know which houses you like going in, but I will say that you need to keep your hopes high and your expectations low. There is a really high chance you won’t get any of those houses. This doesn’t mean you are bad in any way, many many girls including myself were cut from the “top” houses. I stuck it out and found my dream house even though it wasn’t one I originally thought I wanted. Many other girls simply dropped recruitment b/c they felt they were “too good” for the other houses. This leaves a sour taste in the houses mouthed when those same girls try to rush again. I’m sure you will be fine but I'm giving you this warning so you don’t get your hopes too high.

By: Tbh
#2  by: //   

I always recommend girls to rush in be fall that way you actually get to talk to and get to know all of the sororities and give them all a fair shot. Don’t listen to what anyone else says about a certain chapter, because you may love it after all. I would wait till fall!!!!

By: //
#3  by: Follow your heart.   

One big thing is to reach out to the chapters you want! Message them directly to ask if they’re doing spring recruitment and even reach out to some girls in the chapter (most girls have their chapter in their bio) and just ask them how they feel about it. For sure follow your heart and gut feeling. It’s something I definitely did during recruitment and ultimately I ended up where I belong.

By: Follow your heart.
by: so u knowJan 18, 2020 3:04:53 PM

It is against Panhellenic rules and considered dirty rushing for PNM's and chapter members to discuss recruitmetnt/getting a bid online or anywhere outside of an actual recruitment round or event :)

By: so u know
#4  by: ...?   

Zta isn’t doing spring rush

By: ...?
#5  by: sororitygirl    

don’t rush spring only like 3 sororities do it and most spring pledges drop cause they didn’t get a true feel for the sisterhood before joining. def wait till fall it will be worth it to find your perfect forever home!!

By: sororitygirl
#6  by: Q   

a lot of false and hurtful stuff is spread around about each sorority, i see it as others putting down a sorority because they want to be seen as better... if you are considering rushing, do it with an open mind and you will end up where you belong, don’t close in your mind on a couple of things you may have heard about one sorority because there’s no way to know whether something is true or not unless you experienced it first hand.

By: Q

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.