facebook

How many dropped?

by: Disgusted

Do the girls that get cut usually drop for the semester? The whole virtual rush was bad. Hard for girls to “ shine “ sitting behind a laptop.

Posted By: Disgusted
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Horrible   

Rush has been so unfair this year. So many disappointed girls who were fabulous and would have been great additions to any house.
SMU needs to add more houses or make room for bigger PCs.

By: Horrible
by: ole' Salty was rightJan 22, 2021 2:24:53 PM

Should have listened'.
PNMs had the power when there were 750 of you.

NOW, you are down to @300 GDIs ready to transfer out.
GDIs have no influence on the university of panHELLenic.

Should've listened to ole' Salty last semester.....

By: ole' Salty was right
by: Srat ConfessionJan 25, 2021 11:09:44 AM

Senior Srat Confession:

Yep, our sorority Recruitment Committee had the list of 50 legacies listed we had to honor with bids by Halloween. Leaving the Chapter with about "10 outstanding bids to tease 700 PNMs".

Pref & Bid Day should happen the (weekend before Thanksgiving). All of the sororities are prepared to complete our recruitment efforts by then. After 5 recruitments, it is obvious the university wants to wait until mid-January to release our recruitment results to capture all of these Newly Shocked GDIs for the Spring semester.

Its all about Spring Tuition & Housing "Fee capture" for the university. We know about 300 PNMs would not return to the university if they received our recruitment results by Thanksgiving. A lousy thing to do to these 300 girls each year.

By: Srat Confession
by: okJan 27, 2021 12:09:28 AM

If only all the girls who dropped would have stuck it out maybe they would have ended up finding other girls in their pledge class in the exact same boat. I got cut from my top 2 choice houses when I went through rush and ended up in a low to mid house and I love it. I kept an open mind and I've made friends. If you're not even willing to give a house that's not top 4 or 5 a chance then that's on YOU, not on SMU.

By: ok
by: Powerful 2020 GDI PostDec 10, 2021 12:02:59 PM

Spring 2020 New Shocked GDI Editorial: 🤨

As a newly shocked GDI, SMU has really changed this Spring semester. All of the sorority PCs have become harsh cliques. They eat together in the cafeteria, sit together in class, study together and go to pee together.

My roommate is in a PC, so most nights I am alone in my dorm room. We used to do things together, now she does not have the time. Between Chapter & PC meetings, mixers, parties and other PC activities, they are too busy to hang with GDIs.

We (GDIs) are a group of @300 who stay in dorms & watch TV streaming, the Bachelor & Shopping Network. Pretty depressing knowing our parents paid almost $50 grand for this semester. Most of us (GDIs) are now mostly concentrated on which university we will transfer to this Summer or Fall.

The university & Panhellenic have not committed Newly Shocked GDIs any time or a budget for social activities during this semester. There are a few basketball games to attend and Program Council may have movies or an event or two.

WE ARE THE FORGOTTEN.

We paid almost $50 grand for this semester and feel like the university is asking & waiting for us to leave. Clearly the university for the Spring semester relies on Greek Life almost exclusively for student's social life. GDIs time in the evening is spent deciding on which university to transfer next semester. We are concerned about "stranger danger" in such a big city, so most of us do not leave the campus at night.

We are all stunned the university risks losing almost 300 freshmen girls each calendar year to GDI shock. Looking back, Panhellenic is to blame for not being "more forthcoming" about the limited true openings for the top 6 legacy-saturated sororities to 750 PNMs. The university is to blame for scheduling recruitment to entrap 300 girls for 2 exorbitantly expensive semesters. Then both dropping us with limited social events or activities for the captured Spring semester.

By: Powerful 2020 GDI Post
#2  by: Disgusted   

Listen- I don’t disagree with your point. Enduring a virtual rush vs a face to face rush is the issue.... there was no way to get to know the girls sitting behind laptops and throw in some technical glitches for good measure. It’s not about whining bc you didn’t get your house but the point that this virtual experience was not in a lot of girls favor

By: Disgusted
by: disgustedJan 24, 2021 2:50:46 PM

What are the numbers? 750 out for rush with 300 dropping out? Is that correct?

By: disgusted
by: nopeJan 24, 2021 3:59:38 PM

that’s not even close to the real numbers. Both are much lower. If you were an actual SMU student you would know that

By: nope
by: ^ To panHellenicJan 25, 2021 10:27:24 PM

We are all stunned the university risks losing almost 300 freshmen girls each calendar year to GDI shock. Looking back, PanHellenic is to blame for not being "more forthcoming" about the limited true openings for the top 6 legacy-saturated sororities to 750 PNMs.

The university is to blame for scheduling recruitment to entrap 300 girls for 2 exorbitantly expensive semesters. Then both dropping us with limited social events or activities for the captured Spring semester.

By: ^ To panHellenic
by: Wake upJan 26, 2021 8:30:13 PM

These girls never had a chance. It’s all fake sh$t show
I don’t care what you’re told- many of the houses knew exactly who was coming and who was receiving a bid. If a girl was not “ connected” meaning bid bought and paid for- she was strung along and dumped. It had zero to do with looks, personality, or grades.

By: Wake up
#3  by: Smh   

SMU sux. Sorry, but it’s true. This whole school is a huge clique. The university knows this is a problem every year and doesn’t care. They don’t care because it doesn’t affect the wealthy Texas girls whose families fund everything.

By: Smh
by: ole' Salty was RIGHT !Jan 22, 2021 5:06:32 PM

Spring 2020 New Shocked GDI Editorial:

As a newly shocked GDI, SMU has really changed this Spring semester. All of the sorority PCs have become harsh cliques. They eat together in the cafeteria, sit together in class, study together and go to pee together.

My roommate is in a PC, so most nights I am alone in my dorm room. We used to do things together, now she does not have the time. Between Chapter & PC meetings, mixers, parties and other PC activities, they are too busy to hang with GDIs.

We (GDIs) are a group of @300 who stay in dorms & watch TV streaming, the Bachelor & Shopping Network. Pretty depressing knowing our parents paid almost $50 grand for this semester. Most of us (GDIs) are now mostly concentrated on which university we will transfer to this Summer or Fall.

The university & Panhellenic have not committed Newly Shocked GDIs any time or a budget for social activities during this semester. There are a few basketball games to attend and Program Council may have movies or an event or two.

WE ARE THE FORGOTTEN.

We paid almost $50 grand for this semester and feel like the university is asking & waiting for us to leave. Clearly the university for the Spring semester relies on Greek Life almost exclusively for student's social life. GDIs time in the evening is spent deciding on which university to transfer next semester. We are concerned about "stranger danger" in such a big city, so most of us do not leave the campus at night.

We are all stunned the university risks losing almost 300 freshmen girls each calendar year to GDI shock. Looking back, Panhellenic is to blame for not being "more forthcoming" about the limited true openings for the top 6 legacy-saturated sororities to 750 PNMs. The university is to blame for scheduling recruitment to entrap 300 girls for 2 exorbitantly expensive semesters. Then both dropping us with limited social events or activities for the captured Spring semester.

By: ole' Salty was RIGHT !
by: oh pleaseJan 22, 2021 5:38:59 PM

Hiya, Salty Mom who isn't really a salty mom but tries to bring in traffic for the site by pretending to be one. You said you're from the PNM class on January 2020? Then why did you reprint this?

By: oh please
by: TrueJan 23, 2021 8:58:17 AM

SMU does an incredible job of marketing their school and making it look inclusive. You sit there in admissions open houses and even orientation listening to all the opportunities at SMU. The truth is, only a very small percentage of the student body will have these opportunities. It’s a university for wealthy spoiled kids who couldn’t get in anywhere else and didn’t want to attend a state school. That’s the truth and everyone knows it. Leave while you can and make a better life. NO ONE is impressed by an SMU degree.

By: True
#4  by: tbh   

Very few girls ever get released entirely from recruitment. 95% drop of their own accord (and most regret it later)

By: tbh
by: Not soJan 23, 2021 1:44:02 AM

I don’t and won’t regret. There was not a connection and I would have been miserable .....

By: Not so
by: YesJan 23, 2021 8:59:48 AM

I agree with “Not So”. This virtual rush was a huge bummer in many unexpected ways. I am personally devastated. Wish there was another way to meet people

By: Yes
by: DroppedJan 23, 2021 1:13:18 PM

I completely agree. I would have been miserable in the house I had left. I am now heartbroken though and wish there was a way to still be involved socially

By: Dropped
by: ShOcKeD GDIJan 23, 2021 1:18:11 PM

We are all stunned the university risks losing almost 300 freshmen girls each calendar year to GDI shock. Looking back, PanHELLenic is to blame for not being "more forthcoming" about the limited true openings for the top 6 legacy-saturated sororities to 750 PNMs. The university is to blame for scheduling recruitment to entrap 300 girls for 2 exorbitantly expensive $50 grand semesters. Then both dropping us with limited social events or activities for the captured Spring semester.

By: ShOcKeD GDI
by: YesJan 23, 2021 1:23:10 PM

To the person nicknamed “dropped” I am so in the same position. I had such high hopes for rush and the house I would have ended up with is definitely not for me. I’m beyond heartbroken. I wish there was a way for people like us who somehow got dropped by so many unexpectedly to meet each other. I’m personally looking into transferring... it’s that bad

by: 'ole SaltyJan 23, 2021 2:21:36 PM

Newly ShOcKeD GDIs upcoming reality:

1. Denial - Yes you were cut.
2. Anger - That srat cut me late.
3. Bargaining - COB, wait it is just for srats 7 & 8.
4. Depression - @2 weeks of - what did I do wrong.
5. Acceptance - Completing transfer apps for UT and your home state university.

Then for an ego boost, a few Saturday nights at the Greenville Ave. Club scene with your fellow GDIs.
Followed by spending Spring Break finding summer session housing at your upcoming transfer university.
You will be packed-up and ready to leave a week before Spring semester finals.
After your last final, straight to the car & gone....

By: 'ole Salty
by: 'ole SaltyJan 23, 2021 2:24:14 PM

As the GDI drives off campus in mid-May, she & her family spent $100 grand for her freshmen year earning 30 credit hours. Only 18 credit hours will be transferable to her transfer university.

The GDI will need to immediately begin summer session for 6 credit hours at her transfer university lasting through early August. Then if at UT, she will go straight into sorority recruitment & begin her pledgeship in late August. Fall classes begin & she will be initiated late November in her sophomore year.

Then Spring classes & another summer session. Continuing straight into her Junior year. Finally after 3 years of non-stop classes, the summer after her Junior year she will be caught up. However, her academic advisor strongly recommends a summer internship due to her lack of work experience. This means another summer away from her family. Finally by graduation, she can spend a few weeks with her family after being away for 4 long years.

Sadly, @ 50% transferring GDIs burn-out by their Junior year and begin real life. SMU panHELLenic has no empathy or concern for GDIs.

by: DroppedJan 23, 2021 2:33:53 PM

To “Yes”: I know Panhellenic should be creating a way for us to meet each other. They have all of our phone numbers. They should send out an email to everyone who dropped and set up an event for us to meet each other because it’s just not fair. The virtual rush was not the same experience. Of all years they should do it this would be the year but I’m sure they are scared to admit how many girls dropped. I am also looking at transferring. I don’t know where else I would go and I missed deadlines now, so I am trying to look on the bright side for the upcoming semester but I honestly don't know how.

By: Dropped
by: 'ole SaltyJan 23, 2021 2:45:42 PM

I warned you / PNMS about the university tuition & housing refund deadline ALWAYS set before recruitment results are released. The university understands that 300+ Newly ShOcKeD GDI freshmen girls droping from recruitment would drop & leave the university if they had the opportunity.

panHELLenic Recruitment was & is a predetermined rigged legacy-filled farce.

by: lolJan 23, 2021 2:53:01 PM

lol it's how every reply is obviously the same person for me

By: lol
by: YesJan 23, 2021 4:01:06 PM

To “dropped”: I totally agree. Panhellenic should somehow connect us, and of all years this should be it. I don’t know how many people dropped, but it’d be interesting to know. Also, sounds like we’re in the same boat... I’ve already missed deadlines, and I just have no idea what to do for the upcoming semester and next year.

by: nopeJan 23, 2021 5:10:20 PM

Panhel has no obligation to connect people who chose not to be a part of the Panhellenic community...that sounds like a job for another SMU org

By: nope
by: yeahJan 25, 2021 12:38:49 PM

@nope- you're 100% correct. Panhellenic has one job here and that's to facilitate recruitment. If you get invited back to a house or are offered a bid but decide to drop because you think you're too good for those girls when you've probably only met 4-5 in the entire chapter, than that's on you. It's not Panhellenic's job to hold your hand and help you make friends when you reject one of their sororities. You'd be better off complaining to the SMU administration that there aren't more clubs and social opportunities outside of Greek Life.

By: yeah
by: At DroppedJan 26, 2021 11:04:20 AM

How do you "know you would be miserable" with the house you had left? Do you know the members? No. It was virtual recruitment. If you are such a package as you think you are, you would bring something to that organization. No, you thought you would be miserable because of the nasty stereotypes you help spread. You are not better than the girls in that house (or houses). Quite frankly, you deserve to be miserable right now. Have fun with Netflix! That is going to be your social life!

By: At Dropped
by: To at droppedJan 26, 2021 8:07:34 PM

Wow... you have some nerve to accuse me of the exact thing recruitment is all about. Idiot. You are seriously telling me that I am not better than those girls in “ those “ houses? I’ve had 8 houses judge whether I was good enough for them after 5 min conversations. Eat your words you little hypocrite. So you tell me- how did the houses just know I wasn’t good enough?

By: To at dropped
#5  by: disgusted   

Does anyone know if any girls who were taking classes off-campus and on-line received bids?

By: disgusted
by: YeJan 24, 2021 4:35:56 PM

I know of at least 2 girls that transferred in this semester from other universities and both got in a good house.

By: Ye
by: NotJan 24, 2021 5:42:42 PM

Sororities may give 1-2 bids to "sophomore transfers" from another elite university. Unfortunately, only sororities 5-8 have a history of given 1-2 bids to a second recruitment sophomore. There are 300 newly ShOcKeD GDIs. Do the unfortunate math, girls.

By: Not
by: ?Jan 25, 2021 9:35:39 AM

Not true. I know a sophomore who rushed for the second time and pledged theta. Sophomores and above have a separate quota (much much smaller number)and does not impact the number of freshmen a house can bid.

By: ?
by: To at droppedJan 26, 2021 8:11:13 PM

Unfortunately no. These so called bids are bought and paid for. These girls KNOW exactly what house they’re going to before they get off the plane from Cali.
You’re left with the house that isn’t bought and paid for. It’s completely rigged. Go watch some of the phony “ shock” when some girls get their bids. Lol.

By: To at dropped
#6  by: ^ Jan 21 Posts   

Newly ShOcKeD 2022 GDIs upcoming reality:

1. Denial - Yes you were cut.
2. Anger - That srat cut me late.
3. Bargaining - COB, wait it is just for srats 7 & 8.
4. Depression - @2 weeks of - what did I do wrong.
5. Acceptance - Completing transfer apps for UT and your home state university.

Then for an ego boost, a few Saturday nights at the Greenville Ave. Club scene with your fellow GDIs.
Followed by spending Spring Break finding summer session housing at your upcoming transfer university.
You will be packed-up and ready to leave a week before Spring semester finals.

After your last final, straight to the car & gone....

By: ^ Jan 21 Posts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.