facebook

Rushing as a sophomore

by: sophomorerush

i rushed last year and decided to drop out of recruitment half way through the week. This year, I'm really wanting to rush again but I don't know how to approach it. I'm not close with anyone in the two chapters i'm interested in, but I have some good acquaintances. what should i do? i'm so lost

Posted By: sophomorerush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: HARSH Reality   

EXCELLENT ACCURATE POST
- worth repeating....

Sororities reserve a few spots for sophomores.
Second time SMU rushees, forget 1-6, focus on 7-8.
1-6 once cut, always cut.
Damaged goods.
Concentrate on 7-8 only.

Sorority 1-3 PCs are packed with legacies. Over 90%.
Sorority 4-6 PCs are loaded with legacies. Over 85%.

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars.

The Average Non-Legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. PanHellenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving the Newly Shocked GDI no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester. "Trapped" for an expensive $50 grand Spring semester. Just as Panhellenic and the university designed it.

Then...the COB illusion. Newly shocked GDIs are encouraged to participate in COB, where Sororities 7 & 8 are the ONLY remaining options available.

Only 360 PNMs accepting bids from sororities 1-6 will experience the legendary SMU Greek life experience. An additional 60 will accept bids from 7 & 8, leaving on average 300 newly shocked GDIs each Spring semester.

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" for the past 3 years by October 1st, 2020. Everyone is aware of PanHellenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT.

If this report is available in the PanHellenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by PanHellenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by PanHellenic.

By: HARSH Reality
by: wokeSep 19, 2020 4:43:59 PM

This is not true. As a matter of fact all sororities must take sophomores. Whoever wrote the above has no clue what she is talking about.

By: woke
by: ^ yo wokeSep 20, 2020 7:46:57 AM

Read the post again.

"Sororities reserve a few spots for sophomores."

The Harsh Reality post is painfully accurate.

By: ^ yo woke
by: to yo wokeSep 24, 2020 4:07:10 PM

Nice post in support of yourself!

By: to yo woke
#2  by: Hmm   

Bruh what sororities you wanna join tho

By: Hmm
by: In all honestly Sep 24, 2020 2:17:56 PM

Any but gphi

By: In all honestly
#3  by: do not care   

You are not wanted on greek rank!!!!!!! please go back and crawl in your hole. You have big money and dont belong on this site. You have posts on most big schools with the same post, this is not OK!!!!! You suck! maybe I should go to all of the other SEC schools and post this. You have a problem with your Greek life at your school you post it at your school! leave ours alone. Get off our site and go troll yours! I will post Bumps on the other post so yours is buried.

By: do not care
#4  by: Luck?   

Did things work out for you?

By: Luck?
by: nopeApr 16, 2021 1:09:02 AM

preffed by 7 & 8.
dropped.
had no chance for 1-6 as a second year rushing soph.

getting a part-time job next semester 2 meet people.

By: nope

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.