facebook

Chances of joining a "top" sorority

by: PossiblePNM

I'm considering attending SMU in the fall 2021, and if i did of course I would plan to rush. I just want to know the chances of someone from out of state joining a top tier sorority. I know that wealth plays somewhat of a role in being recruited into one of the tops, and I come from a wealthy neighborhood and have a ton of recs. So what could my chances be of being recruited into one of the top sororities?

Posted By: PossiblePNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ert   

Well... you should probably concentrate on finding a srat that has like minded people. Don't get stuck on the top tier, it can be a dangerous game. If you jive with top tier then by all mean - go for it... but pay close attention to the sisters or you maybe miserable for 4 years.

By: ert
by: HARSH RealityJul 13, 2020 12:30:25 PM

EXCELLENT ACCURATE POST

A Spring 2021 PNM MUST READ POST.

Sorority 1-3 PCs are packed with legacies. Over 90%.
Sorority 4-6 PCs are loaded with legacies. Over 85%.

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars.

The Average Non-Legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. Panhellenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving the Newly Shocked GDI no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester. "Trapped" for an expensive $50 grand Spring semester. Just as Panhellenic and the university designed it.

Then...the COB illusion. Newly shocked GDIs are encouraged to participate in COB, where Sororities 7 & 8 are the ONLY remaining options available.

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" for the past 3 years by October 1st, 2020. Everyone is aware of Panhellenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT.

If this report is available in the Panhellenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by Panhellenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by Panhellenic.

By: HARSH Reality
by: HARSH realityJul 13, 2020 3:35:17 PM

A Spring 2021 PNM MUST READ POST.

Sorority 1-3 PCs are packed with legacies. Over 90%.
Sorority 4-6 PCs are loaded with legacies. Over 85%.

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars or losers like my daughter.

The Average Non-Legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. Panhellenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving the Newly Shocked GDI no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester. "Trapped" for an expensive $50 grand Spring semester. Just as Panhellenic and the university designed it. Kept my Wonderful kid out.

Then...the COB illusion. Newly shocked GDIs are encouraged to participate in COB, where Sororities 7 & 8 are the ONLY remaining options available.

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" for the past 3 years by October 1st, 2020. Everyone is aware of Panhellenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT. Or maybe you WILL and I can't do anything.

If this report is available in the Panhellenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by Panhellenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by Panhellenic like I was.

By: HARSH reality
#2  by: utyednc   

we don't need to release a darn thing. Its all there- check it out for yourself. We don't need to appeal you, we have sooooo many pnm's to worry about.

By: utyednc
#3  by: true   

^^^^ Excellent accurate post^^^ NO One needs to bow down to salty mom. Her daughter did not get the srat she wanted and now she is on greek rank acting like a crazy.
We as PNMs are begging Panel not to give into this loon. Her posts while entertaining, are not important.

By: true
by: ^ Panel Poser Jul 14, 2020 7:22:58 PM

^ Panhellenic posing as a PNM.

I am reconsidering Spring recruitment as a non-legacy. Many sophomores e-mailed the truth about recruitment. It backs up the statements mentioned by the Panhellenic labeled "salty mom". They mentioned the premium Greek social life is experienced by the top 4 sororities. Being a non-legacy, these sophomores prepared me to focus on the lower 4 or be a GDI. If I do not get bid from the top 6, I will drop like 350 PNMs did this past Spring.

By: ^ Panel Poser
by: ??Jul 14, 2020 8:27:15 PM

Me thinks that ^Panel Poser is the troll known as Salty Mom. "If I Do Not Get A Bid From the Top 6, I will Drop Like 350 Others?" Get a grip, nobody will care.

By: ??
#4  by: jun   

We are all laughing at Salty mom posing as Panel Poser. She is pretty psycho? Is the iep info in yet?

By: jun
by: Mac daddyJul 17, 2020 5:27:05 PM

its non emergency so early sept

By: Mac daddy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.