facebook

how important are rush dates

by: rushgirlhelp

Ok how important is knowing a bunch of people in a house. I feel like I’ve talked to girls but it seems like every conversation is really basic and they’re all having the same basic conversation with everyone else. I went on some rush dates with a house I like but come January is that going to be my only option?

Posted By: rushgirlhelp
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hmm   

generally who you meet in the fall will determine your rush. that being said, there are always exceptions and you will be surprised that sometimes some houses will keep you.

By: hmm
#2  by: 90   

no rush dates mean no bid srry thats just the way it works

By: 90
#3  by: Newby   

Hello ladies. So, if I’m a spring transfer, I guess I better forget about rush next month because I won’t know anyone yet? I’ve great recs, great grades, and I hope I’m a nice person and that people would give me a chance.

By: Newby
#4  by: Sad Truth   

It was pointed out that a vast majority of the top 6 sorority PCs were pre-determined legacies. Only a few true openings were actually available to the non-legacy connected.

Fall Sophomore rush is very similar to COB. Only sorority 7 & 8 usually take pledges. Those Sophomores that go through recruitment a second time in the Spring are usually cut early and are given bids from sorority 7 & 8 again. Sorority 7 may cut you as a sophomore. “

“ Mid-January 2020 there will be over 225 shocked GDIs.
They paid almost $100 grand for their freshman year.
SMU is now the most expensive university in Texas.
30 credit hours earned, 21 hours are transferable...

Being a GDI social outcast in such a Greek Social Life dominated exorbitantly expensive university is hard to validate. Most GDIs transfer and sadly over half of them eventually drop OUT of college.

By: Sad Truth
by: ^ Concur Dec 17, 2019 7:30:47 PM

Sad but true.

Each year there is a long line in front of the Panhellenic Desk on bid day asking if there is a mistake....
Nope, just the annual cruel results of SMU recruitment.

By: ^ Concur
by: GDIJan 2, 2020 11:22:23 PM

I couldn't disagree with this more. I'm a GDI, and tons of my friends dropped last year our freshman year. We all still love SMU! If you have genuine friends then who cares what organization you are in? I went to plenty parties and formals this year without being in a sorority. I sincerely hope no one chose to go to SMU solely for the purpose of being in Greek Life. Not being in it last year helped me learn a lot about myself and grow in many ways. This year I've decided to rush in the Spring, but I am also comfortable as a GDI. Social life isn't over if you're a GDI, and if you believe it is then you are the exact problem with the system.

By: GDI

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.