facebook

what to do in the summer for sororities

by: Jaded

Hey, so I am an incoming freshman, and a lot of my other friends are rushing in the fall, so they got all of their sorority pockets ready, what should I be doing over the summer since smu has deferred rush

Posted By: Jaded
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Smu2023   

Hi I think you should research with sororities at smu your interested in. Write down and memorize important questions your going to ask during recruitment. Ask questions on their philanthropy, how do you balance school and sorority events, what did that sister join a sorority, and etc. Lastly, plan your outfits for that week. If you do this, then you should be fine :)

By: Smu2023
#2  by: You too   

You should get your sorority packets ready too. You will be too busy during the fall and over the Xmas break is not enough time/people are out of town so go ahead and get all your recs lined up now over the summer.

By: You too
#3  by: amay1   

When do you turn packets in for SMU?

By: amay1
by: PacketsJun 25, 2019 9:33:37 PM

Your packets go to your rec writers, not the sororities or to SMU. The only thing you submit yourself is your recruitment registration form that you do online, which opens on September 8 and closes on October 25. Your packet for your rec writers is really only your resume and photo for them to write and submit their sorority's rec form for you. They should get these in to their sororities by the end of October, so you should get your packets to these ladies before you leave for school so they have time to do them. Be sure to send them a thank you note for doing this for you!

By: Packets
#4  by: Girl1   

At 8AM every morning, go to your mirror, stare at yourself, and practice your smile, laugh, and your sorority accent for 30 mins. Repeat 7 times a week for optimal result.

By: Girl1
by: rightJun 25, 2019 2:51:26 PM

so you are lame. stupid comments you idiot

By: right
#5  by: .   

I got my packets ready over the summer because most alumni are expecting to write recs anyway so it’s much more convenient. You will definitely not have enough time in the fall, plus it’s never too early to prepare!

By: .
#6  by: Recs   

Like everyone else said, if you want to get recs over the summer you can do that but otherwise nothing. Enjoy your summer before freshman year and don’t stress about rush it is 6 months away

By: Recs

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.