facebook

rushing and hazing at suny geneseo

by: taylor

hi im an incoming freshman class of 2026. I will be attending Geneseo in the fall and was considering to rush. Is there hazing in SDT or any of the other sororities?? They all look nice on insta but what is the truth. I heard they haze alot and thats not a respectable thing.

Posted By: taylor
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: kat   

yess can someone pls answer bc i am wondering too. Thanks

By: kat
#2  by: greek   

That depends what your definition of hazing is. Some sororities have a no hazing policy. Some have required things you have to do which would technically be considered hazing in the school’s eyes but isn’t actually anything you would find “not respectable” and you probably wouldn’t think of it as hazing if someone described the process to you. Some do haze more intensely but it’s hard to know exactly what it’s like without going through it yourself because a lot of rumors fly and exaggerate stuff. For example, there was a rumor about the sorority I joined that you had to undress in front of frat pledges. I chose to ignore it and it turned out to be false and our process was nothing like that whatsoever. I cannot speak specifically on what SDT is like because I joined a different organization but I can definitely say they are not a “no hazing policy” sorority, I just don’t know exactly where the would fall in terms of “respectable.”
My advice would be to rush around and ask about the pledge process. The sororities that don’t haze will be pretty clear on that, the sororities that do haze will try and dodge the question or not give you a concrete answer such as “it’s nothing too bad!” I’m sure the hazing sororities could lie and say they don’t haze but this is just based from my experience with rushing and eventually joining a sorority.

By: greek
by: alyMar 28, 2022 10:57:01 AM

thank you so much!! Cw to rush

By: aly
by: julia fMar 28, 2022 11:29:36 AM

thank you for this!! Cw to go through the process and meet yall. This was so helpful because the last thing i want to do is get myself into a dangerous situation where i have to choose between my morals and what i forced to do.

By: julia f
#3  by: Wendy   

Yea, but you can't pledge until second semester anyhow so just ask older college ppl.

By: Wendy
#4  by: Greek life   

Sdt, Deeph, Ago, Clio all haze, AOPI does a little and kappa, rlk, and phi lamb don’t. You should definitely consider rushing in the spring!

By: Greek life
by: HAMay 30, 2022 6:19:55 PM

Phi lamb definitely hazes LMAO

By: HA
#5  by: Greek    

Just in case anyone is looking at this recently I know in good faith, Thusa, RLK, Kappa, AST, ADE do not haze.

By: Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.