facebook

phi mu discussion

by: GR Administrator

Phi Mu sorority chapter comments at Elon University - EU

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: GDI   

out of the "top tier" they are by far the nicest, most genuine girls. they know how to party, but they also have an amazingly strong sisterhood that may seem cliquey, but they're so open and welcoming to others.

By: GDI
#2  by: phi muuu   

HAHAHA. theyre all immature and rude, just jealous entitled girls.

By: phi muuu
#3  by: mayy   

Is it hard to get into this sorority?

By: mayy
by: YuppAug 18, 2013 4:07:10 PM

Incredibly

By: Yupp
by: mayyAug 18, 2013 5:06:21 PM

what criteria do you have to meet in order to get in?

#4  by: Hdja   

Basically looks. Plus, almost every girl who gets in knows girls who are already in. The top tiers usually know 90% of their pledge class before rush so good luck. If you aren't gorgeous and have some sort of connection, chances are real slim. Being blonde would help.

But since you wrote in the ZTA discussion too, I'm assuming you are more concerned about being a top tier girl. That's the wrong attitude. You want a sorority with a good sisterhood and that you fit in with. Not saying there aren't girls in Phi Mu and Zeta and Sigma that care about each other, but I know the upper middle tier and middle tier (excluding sigma kappa) have much better sisterhoods.

By: Hdja
by: yeaAug 18, 2013 5:52:47 PM

dont look just to go top tier you'll probably end up being unhappy its been said in other discussions but the two sororities that freshmen should look out for are azd and kd

By: yea
by: FactAug 18, 2013 6:45:59 PM

Top tier is great for some people especially if you know girls in Phi Mu who you are friends with and can see yourself being with for four years. So if you really think you can get top tier like Phi Mu, go for it with confidence! If not, shoot for AZD or KD because they're the upper middle tier that's rising.

By: Fact
by: mayyAug 18, 2013 10:13:38 PM

I know a few girls in Phi Mu and my mom was a Zeta so she has got me interested in them, but of course I can't know for sure until I meet the girls for myself. I didn't really know about the tiers, but are their any sororities on campus that are given the cold shoulder for having a bad reputation? I just want to be apart of an organization where I can make friends that I will keep forever and get along with.

#5  by: Ya   

If you look at some of the previous discussions, the tiers are currently considered.

Zeta/Phi Mu
Sigma
AZD
KD
Delta
Sig Kap
AOII
AXO

So the ones you mentioned are considered top tier. Rumor has it, the top tier ones do have a lot of drama but I do know girls who like the org a lot. They all have their reputations and none are really given the cold shoulder. All orgs have their pros and cons. If you're looking for a top tier, zeta and phi mu are the two highest. Your connections and your legacy will help, but they are still difficult. Close sisterhood? AZD has a great sisterhood and is rising. AXO and KD do too. Kappa Delta is on the rise while AXO is at the bottom (but still WONDERFUL girls) Sig Kap is known for having one the worst sisterhood, but smart and cookie-cutter girls. In my opinion, you should just go into recruitment with an open mind and see where you feel like you have the best conversations. Dont let your mom influence you just because she was a Zeta, though if you end up liking Zeta, go there. Same with Phi Mu. There are amazing girls everywhere. Pick the organization that you feel best in and you will find exactly what you are looking for.

By: Ya
#6  by: freshie   

Are the Phi Mu girls known for being huge drinkers? I know a lot of girls in this sorority and I am really interested in it, but I only go out like once a week and I don't hook up with guys like ever... sooo i don't want to be an outcast in my own sorority.

By: freshie
by: NoSaySep 13, 2013 12:40:51 PM

PNMs act like they get to pick which sororities they want a bid from. PNMs essentially have no say in the process other than ranking sororities that they want to go back to based on who invites them back. Who's to say that Phi Mu or whatever sorority will invite you back after each round? And just because you have friends in any organization doesn't mean you will get a bid.

By: NoSay
by: freshieSep 13, 2013 1:46:13 PM

I'm not saying that at all... I get that. I just wanted to know if they hooked up with guys a lot and if they were big drinkers so if i did get into that sorority I wouldnt be an outcast...

By: freshie
#7  by: elawn   

phi mu it would be fine... theyre classy and nice, for the most part... just an additional note that you'd be an outcast in zeta, unless you were in a relationship.

By: elawn
#8  by: frat   

do NOT join a sorority solely for the reputation and name that comes with it. plenty of girls do that and end up being unhappy with where they are because they just wanted the label. go with the house that fits you. you end up where you're supposed to.

By: frat
#9  by: Freshman    

Does Phi Mu take reference recommendation letters seriously? Does it help you a lot to have one?

By: Freshman
by: sophOct 26, 2013 12:47:49 PM

last year I had 2 rec letters for phi mu and was dropped the first day

By: soph
#10  by: Recs   

No one is going to say if they (or any of the chapters) take recommendation letters seriously because that is part of membership selection and is private to each organization. If you have the opportunity to obtain recommendation letters, in general, it doesn't hurt to get them.

By: Recs

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.