facebook

So we shouldn’t “trust the process” after all?🙄

by: curious

Saw this comment on another discussion post and thought I’d extract from it a bit:

“I dropped the entire process because I also don’t believe in “Trust the process” and “everyone finds their home”
I have no idea if things didn’t go great because everything is virtual and on zoom this recruitment, but when I went into each “room”, I found conflicting narratives. I feel bad for SOME of the girls in “lower/really low tier” sororities because they deserved way more than the sisters they got “thrown” with. I truly believe the process and selection is a political gamble. How you gon tell me certain girls I met in ASA, Theta Phi or Delta Phi didn’t deserve better? some of those girls belonged in better “tiers” and the process that placed them was a scam. Will never be joining Greek life at st. john’s lmao ✌🏾😽”

So why do we have a process anyways, especially if it’s wrong. Because yes, I met some girls who I thought it would be more suiting if they were in another org...

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: obviously    

I find that all the time, girls will seem to “chill” or “pretty” or what not for the org they are in. It’s probably that they chose an org for some other aspect. At the end of the day you can be cool and beautiful and all that jazz with or without being in greek life or in some specific org.

By: obviously
#2  by: Ooof   

I feel like a lot of the pnm’s in the recent classes aren’t understanding how this works. I know of girls who have had both Gphi or phi sig and Dphi on the last day in recent years and went with the latter org. You wonder why? Cause they chose the org just as much as the org chose them. You go with who you clicked with and who you can see being your sisters for life. Just because a girl is “prettier” or “chiller” doesn’t mean she wasn’t meant to be in the org she got a bid from. If that was the case, you do realize they don’t have to accept the bid right? If they didn’t truly want it, they didn’t need to take the invitation. Don’t question their choices just because you’re not understanding Greek life is more than just looks.

By: Ooof
by: teaMar 1, 2021 5:20:18 PM

this. ofc you can choose an org based solely on their reputation but at the end of the day you still have to deal with all the girls in it. some people would rather have sisters they actually like then just have the status of a "top tier" org.

By: tea
#3  by: let’s put it this way   

Let’s put it this way! I went to highschool with some of the new freshmen girls that just enrolled in SJU and did recruitment! I know some dirt on these girls, and they still ended up in gphi! One of them was an outcast and did really messed up things at my school and was in the drama club department and caused SO MANY WEIRD PROBLEMS. I’m not trying to sound like a walking stereotype but you best believe that each one if these orgs has had a sister who was probably mentioned on “overheard”

By: let’s put it this way

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.