facebook

should i drop? i’m only a freshman

by: Freshman

I have hardly any friends in the chapter I’m in and it’s not the one I wanted on bid day. I try to make myself like it but I can’t. The chapter is bottom and as well. Does everyone face these issues?

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: <3   

Follow your heart babe. Don't stay just because you want to be greek. If you want to rush again, just make sure that you know when you can - panhellenic has policies for that.

By: <3
by: :(Dec 9, 2019 1:43:15 PM

At this point in the semester, she's probably already initiated and cannot re-rush.

To OP, you have two options here. You can try sticking it out, going to more events, volunteering more with your philanthropy, reaching out to others, etc... and potentially end up wasting a whole lot of time, money, and effort (though it might pay off if you grow to love it and make new friends).

OR you can do what I did at the beginning of my sophomore year - drop out entirely and throw yourself into a ridiculous (and tbh unmanageable lol) amount of other clubs and activities. I think my decision has paid off for me at least, because I was able to work my way up into leadership positions without as much competition as a sorority would have, and I have developed my resume/experiences/etc. in a much more well-rounded way than just sorority would've offered me. I have found diverse friend groups with different interests, which adds some more variety to my life and makes it easier to always have at least one person to hang out with.

But this is YOUR decision. Don't make it based off of 'wanting to be greek' or influence from others... Just take some time to do some deep personal reflection. Assess where you want to go with your college career, where you want to actually invest yourself, and it'll all be okay :)

By: :(
#2  by: Impressed....   

That’s is very good advice.....impressed!

By: Impressed....
#3  by: Kentucky   

If you've been initiated, give it a year. Next year's pledge class can make a difference. Instead of trying to like it, try being more involved and find sisters with whom you feel comfortable. If after 1 yr it still isn't working, then follow the advice above.

By: Kentucky

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.