facebook

I have no friends in my sorority.. Do I drop?

by: friendless

I'm a member of a sorority on campus (I won't say names) that is supposed to have a "variety" of girls, but in actuality is very cliquish. This is my second year in said sorority, and I feel like I have absolutely no one. My parents pay dues, and I try to involve myself by signing up for things in the sorority, but I feel incredibly lonely. I almost feel like the friends I'm "paying for" don't even want me, so who does? I'm trying to figure out whether I should drop my sorority or keep pushing through it, but I feel like everyone's got their cliques and it's just extremely hard for me. I'm super embarrassed even writing this post because I don't want to be THAT girl who pays money to be in a sorority and then complain about it. Should I drop it? Should I stay in? How am I supposed to make friends with girls who have already picked out their friends? I'm tearing my hair out because I love my sorority and the philanthropy and what it stands for, but I genuinely feel like everyone in it hates me. Advice?

Posted By: friendless
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I'm sorry...   

that you feel out of place in your sorority. Are you shy?

You say you sign up to do things -do you follow through and do them? If you do, do you go out of your way to talk to your sisters or are you waiting on them to talk to you first? Have you reached out to your old new member trainer from last year, or someone on your executive council this year with your problem?

Have you tried "rushing" your sisters-being outgoing and engaging them in conversation like you have to do during recruitment? Is there a sorority committee that you could join that meets weekly? Perhaps if you repeatedly get together with the same group of girls and go out of your way to talk with them and show them what a great person you are, you might be included in other things.

Sorry to be throwing random suggestions out there, but if you search your heart and can answer that you have already made every effort and truly have put yourself out there, you may have the answer to your question.

By: I'm sorry...
#2  by: I'm sorry...   

that I forgot to ask-do you have any friends on campus?

By: I'm sorry...
#3  by: sorority   

I would suggest trying to run for a position. It’ll be a smaller group of girls you’ll meet with at least once a week. Do you not have any relationship with your big or little because that’s a huge way to make strong friendships in a sorority. And the more events you go to (whether it be mixers, date parties, tailgates, dinners) you’ll start to familiarize yourself with the girls.

By: sorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.