facebook

recommendation letters 2020

by: Gracie

I will be at Samford in the fall and I plan to rush. My mom went to a very small school and wasn’t Greek but I have a lot of family friends that were. Should I specifically look for recommendations from people that were in sororities at Samford or will letters from other schools work?

I’m pretty nervous about this process. I want to find the right spot for me. I plan to pursue a medical major. I have a 4.0 (4.75 if weighted) GPA with lots of leadership activities and extracurricular activities.

I’ll take whatever advice I can get. Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Gracie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I heart Samford   

Anytime you can make a personal connection to a chapter, it's a good thing. If you have relatives or friends who may know current actives or alumnae of a particular chapter, having them put in a personal word is really helpful. With so many girls going through rush, if your name has been specifically brought to their attention ahead of time it helps you stand out in the crowd. Having a rec to each chapter helps, but the way to stand out in the crowd is through making connections.

By: I heart Samford
#2  by: Recs   

You do not have to find Samford sorority alumnae to write your recommendations. As long as you find an alumna who is a member of each national organization you will be fine. Ex: A University of State ABC alum member can write a rec to the State University of Anywhere ABC chapter. She can not however, write a recommendation to a sorority that she is not a member of.

By: Recs
by: RecsFeb 15, 2020 3:32:00 PM

national organization at Samford.

By: Recs
#3  by: M   

You can get recommendation letters from any school! Samford may give you an added bonus, but any school is fine! Don’t worry, you’ll find a good fit.

By: M
#4  by: :)   

Tbh I rushed this past year and didn’t have any recommendation letters and still got asked back to most of my top picks the next nights. It wasn’t that I didn’t try I just didn’t know anyone in any of the sororities here. maybe my experience was unique but honestly just be yourself- that is the most important thing.

By: :)
#5  by: Gracie    

Thanks for the replies. I think I have recs for all but 2 so far. Only one of those includes Samford alums. I will probably find the other ones, I just haven’t tried hard yet.

Do most people go in with an idea of where they may fit? Reading about them, I have an idea but I plan to stay open minded.

By: Gracie
by: . Jun 18, 2020 12:49:44 PM

The suggest 2 letters per sorority max. More is very excessive. You also don’t need a letter and some don’t view them as important. I got dropped from the sororities I had letters for on the first night. I still found my perfect fit and am very happy with where I ended up. It doesn’t matter where the letters come from. During rush make sure to be yourself and you’ll end up where you need to be. You’ll hear it a lot, but trust the process!

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.