facebook

oos

by: oos

I know at a lot of SEC schools like ole miss or even auburn it can be hard to get a bid to a sorority if you don’t have a lot of connections. Is it like that here? Or does anyone, even oos have a chance at every house?

Posted By: oos
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Starlight   

I can't lie, connections really help. Only because there are so many girls are going through recruitment, and connections help a PNM stand out from the pack. However, I don't think being OOS at Samford is a deal breaker because there is a large OOS population here. What you can do is try to obtain a rec to every house, and try to find out if any of your hometown alumnae have connections (daughters, family friends, etc) who could be asked to look out for you during recruitment. If you don't have connections, try reaching out to your hometown Panhellenic chapter~ Explain you are going out of state see if they can help you obtain recs/establish connections. Most PNMs are placed during recruitment at Samford. You should be fine! It is important to keep an open mind though. Getting your heart set on a particular group can be a painful experience if it doesn't work out. So many people I know actually ended up in a different house than they first imagined, and are very happy. Best of luck to you!

By: Starlight

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.