facebook

Charities supported by Greeklife

by: Curious

What are the various charities that strats and frats at WM support? Is the decision made at the school level or at the national level?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Pi Phi   

I can only speak for pi phi who supports children’s cancer.

By: Pi Phi
#2  by: The ones I know   

Gamma phi supports girls on the run
Kd has a bunch of philanthropy’s including working alongside local girls scout troops, supporting Avalon and prevent child abuse america
Chi o supports make a wish
Phi mu supports CHKD which is a children’s hospital affiliated and the Loveland foundation which provides access to mental health care for black women
Tri delt supports st. Judes children hospital
Not sure about the rest. If philanthropy is really important to you KD is really passionate about their philanthropy (not that the other chapters aren’t!)

By: The ones I know
by: YoFeb 26, 2021 2:26:23 PM

DG works on “service for sight” which focuses on raising money and awareness about visual impairments and eye health and works with individuals with visual impairments. At one point they had a specific focus on military personel that had their vision affected during their service in active duty.
Theta supports CASA or Court appointed special advocates which look out for children in the foster care system. Theta doesnt volunteer as CASA aides, but they raise money to support them. CASA volunteers aid judges in making informed decisions as to what is best for the neglected child, so that he or she may have a chance at a childhood that will help them be happy and safe.

By: Yo
#3  by: Ones not listed above   

Kappa supports Reading is Fundamental
Alpha Chi supports Domestic Violence survivors
Theta supports CASA which is for foster children

By: Ones not listed above
#4  by: hmm   

nationals has a philanthropy they have to do and local chapters often support stuff in the same vein, like KD with girl scouts but working with local troops specifically

By: hmm
#5  by: Sigma Chi is Best   

Sigma Chi is Best!!

By: Sigma Chi is Best

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.