facebook

3/20/2019 (on campus view)

by: Geez

This ain’t Ole Miss or SMU. Sororities and Fraternities are clubs here. The people who take it so seriously with “tier” debates are not the norm. Most WM greeks have many other interests and put school above everything, partying, sister/brotherhood etc. Lots study abroad and that impacts involvement. If you want a stereotypical Greek experience, you should’ve gone to UVA!!!!

As far as actually hard to get in, these houses will cut you (Theta, Chi O, Kappa) because they have more girls trying to get in than there are spots, it’s just math, and nobody cares. But they also cut legacies (also gives you a shot and is different from typical Greek systems). The “top” “middle” and “bottom” tiers here are not that different from one another.. Kap Sig and Sig Chi are harder to get in if you’re a dude (more demand than supply, math...again). But all houses are filled with nerds of some stripe. Relax. Pledge, don’t pledge, it doesn’t really matter. Anybody can go to any party. And, imho, this is the way it should be.

Posted By: Geez
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Bottertot   

Most Greeks here wouldn’t be in ANY house at UVA.

By: Bottertot
by: YepMay 6, 2019 9:40:58 PM

Or want to be.

By: Yep
by: HatersJul 27, 2019 9:19:12 AM

Wish things weren’t turning so nasty on this site.

By: Haters
#2  by: Greenie   

#truth

By: Greenie
by: MwahJun 2, 2019 7:41:45 AM

I like this post so much. Really spot on and rises above the toxic goofy crap populating the site.

By: Mwah
#3  by: Yet   

I’ll second this.

By: Yet
by: YezMay 7, 2019 7:50:49 AM

Agreed

By: Yez
#4  by: 2022   

This is the most accurate post I’ve seen on here.

By: 2022
#5  by: Shazam   

About the only thing on this site that’s actually representative of WM Greek life.

By: Shazam
#6  by: heard it here first   

DG ON THE RISE

By: heard it here first
by: seriouslyJul 24, 2019 7:35:06 PM

hahahhahahahahaha

By: seriously

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.