facebook

recruitment 2020

by: help

Will greek life even be able to recruit in the fall or will they cancel/move it?

Posted By: help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: My guess   

My guess for srats is that it probably won't happen in the fall, and if it does it will be more spread out over a longer period of time so the parties can have less people, and everyone will be required to wear a mask.

But I think it will prob be cancelled and the sororities will just COB to sophomores in the fall and formal recruitment will happen in the spring for freshmen. Lots of schools do spring semester recruitment

By: My guess
#2  by: .   

I genuinely have no idea what's gonna happen if we don't go back to in person classes

By: .
#3  by: Don’t worry   

If we have in person classes we have nothing to worry about

By: Don’t worry
by: ...May 17, 2020 8:41:49 PM

Yeah but we're probably not going to have in person classes...

By: ...
#4  by: Greek life member   

Speaking as the president of one of the fraternities here, from what I’ve seen and experienced in talks with people, some fraternities and sororities including my guys and I are moving forward as normal. We are preparing for the fall as if we will have in person classes. President Montgomery has full intention of having in person classes in the fall with some restrictions, so unless this quarantine somehow lasts four more months, you can count on there being in person classes. However I cannot speak for everyone, I’m sure it’s a split opinion. I’m sure there may be just as many groups who don’t expect there to be in person classes in the fall and think we will still be online. However in my opinion I think it’s in everyone’s best interest to prepare for the fall in case we do have in person classes, which right now seems likely. Which means fall recruitment is fully expected to happen as normal as of right now I believe.

By: Greek life member
by: ummmMay 28, 2020 12:28:22 PM

I respect what you're saying, but to recruit people in the fall seems a bit like overkill. they're are people literally dying because of this disease and honestly sorority a fraternity recruitment is a breading ground for the spread to continue. if y'all wanna have recruitment be my guest but that just sounds extremely unsafe given the circumstances. I've also heard from multiple teachers that they are hoping to get kids back in the fall but its not a certainty and that they are still having to consider online classes.

By: ummm
#5  by: :(   

While the above comment is optimistic, I wouldn't bank on it. Lots of SEC schools have officially announced they are doing a hybrid recruitment of online and in person. Granted, their rush is earlier like usually August, and sorority recruitment here is scheduled for beginning of October, but you have to remember that if there's another outbreak there is no way in hell that Western will want to be held responsible for having gatherings of 200 people in a room.

By: :(
by: Greek life memberMay 21, 2020 3:55:44 PM

You are absolutely right, from what I’ve heard that’s what I think westerns aiming at doing as well. But you know what they say, rather it ends up good or bad, have a plan for both

By: Greek life member
by: ?? May 22, 2020 8:53:00 AM

What school announced that they’re doing hybrids?

By: ??
by: ^^Jun 11, 2020 1:03:04 AM

Alabama

By: ^^
#6  by: NPC   

I am in a sorority here and the NPC is recommending that sorority recruitment at all schools be either entirely online, or a hybrid of online and in person. However, recommending is different than requiring, so it could still happen as normal! I think it will probably come down to what Western and Panhel/IFC decide.

By: NPC
by: :/Jul 21, 2020 6:24:26 PM

first round of sorority recruitment is virtual

By: :/
by: bid dayAug 7, 2020 3:27:12 PM

Wondering if bid day will end up being in person or not since its TBD rn

By: bid day

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.