facebook

Clearing things up

by: Wow

Hey. I’m the person who posted on DG talking about my experience with a disability in a sorority. What’s offensive is that they ASSUMED I was pretending to be another disabled member, and completely dismissed what I was saying because my disability is not as obvious as some. I am not pretending to be anyone. I am disabled. And the way this situation was handled is VERY telling of the experience that I’ve had in this chapter.

Posted By: Wow
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Advocating Zip    

I’m sorry, but I’m in another chapter, and although I don’t know everything that goes on, I’ve had the chance to observe some of their events and how they arrange things to be more inclusive. These women bought a stair chair lift just so that one of their members could feel more included and have access to the basement. I’m all about advocating for accessibility, but if you don’t express how you’re feeling to your chapter and President, and instead choose to bash them on this website, YOU are the problem. Be proactive in creating change. Because what you’re doing now won’t change your situation.

By: Advocating Zip
#2  by: Keep advocating   

Yes they way they’re “handling” this is very telling. Clear that they just bid disabled girls to meet a quota. I’m so sorry you have to deal with this. Don’t listen to the other person that says you’re the problem. Victim blaming is disgusting. Stand up for yourself, keep coming forward. We love you, you are valued by others even if they aren’t the sisters that are supposed to support you. If this situation doesn’t get better for you I’d consider reporting it to someone higher up.

By: Keep advocating

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.