facebook

reaching my breaking point

by: Discouraged

Was so excited to join my sorority in the fall, but I’m getting to my breaking point. I desperately want to continue being a part of Greek life but I feel so excluded and ostracized by my chapter. Sometimes I think about the chapters I didn’t choose and feel so much regret because maybe I’d be happier there. I’m paying too much money to be angry, but my sorority is my only social outlet. Has anyone else felt this way? How did you get through it?

Posted By: Discouraged
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: YW   

it does seem like it is the only social outlet here, and I feel like that tends to be the case for some sororities. Although you feel like you would be happier in another sorority, you were placed in the one you are because you belong there. Dont feel regret that you would be happier in another one because sometimes it is not all that it looks.

By: YW
#2  by: hang in there   

I felt the same way until my around winter break of my sophomore year. I found my absolute best friends then and made my experience so much better. I also recommend trying to find a leadership position so you would feel more connected to your sorority.

By: hang in there
#3  by: advice   

Oh sweet sis, I hope this changes for you! I used to feel this way in my chapter but I started reaching out to sisters I didn't typically talk to or going to events I wouldn't normally go to and I started feeling so much better. Confide in a sister and tell her how you are feeling. I know it is difficult but you can turn this around! All you need is a little shift in perspective and some extra love. Try asking a sister out for lunch or dinner and have a little date!

By: advice
#4  by: lovelove74   

if you don't mind me asking are you in a nphc organization or phc organization?

By: lovelove74

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.