facebook

rush & leave the dorms?!

by: CAUCE

For the love of all things fun, RUSH!!! Most of the stuff on this site is negative, and a lot of it is untrue. Literally, Fraternity & Sorority life is 100x better than the dorms, and you’ll find that out very soon. Decent Dorms with a Meal Plan that doesn’t make you starve will run you about $4,500, whereas Frats are only around $2,800-$3,500. Frats are good for lifelong friendships, alumni networking and job connections, academic study partners, and of course... AN ACTUAL SOCIAL LIFE!!!! For Sororities, you can either COB some of them, or try Formal Recruitment in the summer to see all of them during a week. For Fraternities, all you have to do is put your name/contact info on Chapter Builder, reach out to one of the house’s recruitment chairs to schedule a tour. After tours, they will invite you back out and bid you after a few events. Very easy process! Fraternities also pay for your dorm cancellation fee!!
Deadline for signing a Spring PC is March 1st

Posted By: CAUCE
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: Yes!!   

This is about the only TRUE post on this site!
Do yourself a favor and RUSH!
Ignore the childish posts about TOP this or that - one only needs psych 101 to see what's up with those posts. ALL the houses have their positives and negatives, find one that suits your vision of life.

By: Yes!!
#2  by: Lol   

But don’t rush Beta, FIJI, Pi Phi, or Theta, if you want to be afraid to wear your letters in public due to hate attacks and eggs thrown at you.
Those four houses have been falling fast and they only admit rich white people. No one likes hanging out with them anymore because of it

By: Lol
by: HahahaFeb 12, 2020 2:24:04 PM

Watch this comment get deleted lol

By: Hahaha
#3  by: True   

Fact!!!!!

By: True
by: Yo yo yoFeb 24, 2020 10:57:54 PM

Geeds suck and won’t go anywhere in life. Greeks have all the connections. That’s why 95% of the Fortune 500 CEOs are Greek

By: Yo yo yo
#4  by: Truuuu   

The tier system is high key the most harmful thing about this community. It keeps frats and sororities from meeting one another just because the social chairs of each house are afraid of losing “clout”.

It’s actually pretty absurd. Like come on... this isn’t middle school. Almost EVERY Greek House has so-called “cool” people in it, as well as athletes, wealthy people, good-looking, nerds, and awkward ones.

The Greek System is getting a bad reputation nationwide. In order to survive and show how different/positive/fun we are, we need to join together.

In order to do this we need to get to know each other. The tier system is so toxic and annoying and it disappears when you graduate. No one will care what house you’re from. Literally.

No Greek House here actually gives real life clout. All of them have fantastic Alumni Connection since at one point all the houses thrived at once without tiers (around the 30s-70s). Literally, I’m graduating the end of this quarter from a “top frat” and I’m sad I didn’t get a chance to hang out and socialize with a lot of dope people just because my house didn’t want to “stoop low”....
Like come on, the tiers are constantly switching. Just this past year for example, Zetes, PiKapps, TDX, Alpha Delts, Pike, and Phi Psi got way more social recognition, while ASigs, AEPi, Sig Ep, Theta Chi, Chi Psi, and Beta declined due to various reasons. Sigma Chi and TKE had their issues but still continued to throw down.

Before I leave this joint, my words of advice to the whole Greek System (especially future Social Chairs who present ideas at Chapter Meetings) is that you need to SCRAP THE TIER SYSTEM. Give every house a chance and just have fun.

PEACE!!

By: Truuuu
by: YepJan 27, 2020 4:45:00 PM

Truth!

By: Yep
#5  by: Hmm   

Every house is fun and accepting. Except Beta & FIJI.... you have to be White and participate in lynches

By: Hmm
#6  by: Yeah!   

Greek Life>>>>>>>

By: Yeah!
#7  by: YEAH!!!   

Greek Life >>>>>>>

By: YEAH!!!
#8  by: YASSSS   

Greek Life is the only reason I still have my sanity. The dorms are prisons

By: YASSSS
#9  by: Yeah   

This is fax

By: Yeah
#10  by: Yoooo   

Yesssssss.
Dorms are prisons here at UW

By: Yoooo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.