facebook

out of state girls

by: gb0

I'm reading all of these posts and seeing that recruitment deals with where you are from when girls are picking you. I am from Atlanta. Will this really hurt my chances of getting into a sorority I like or is this superficial idea of getting instate girls only fake?

Posted By: gb0
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: OOS   

I am an out of state girl and I had no problem getting called back to the houses I wanted. yes, some chapters do have a ton of in state girls that all went to surrounding high schools, but there are some chapters where the majority of the girls are out of state. You don't have to worry about being from out of state though.

By: OOS
#2  by: SOUTH   

More and more OOS students are entering UT every year, and not just from the South region but from all over the country.

Only the “old guard” chapters—Chi O, KD, etc. consider themselves “elite” because they take girls from certain TN cities and schools. That’s becoming VERY old-fashioned. Those same groups are under the thumb of their alums—mamas and grannies rule the roost.

Get all the recs you can, plan what to wear and BE YOURSELF. You’ll be fine!

By: SOUTH
by: NoOct 22, 2021 12:01:56 AM

This is actually not true at all, neither chi or or kd care that much about where a girl is from. I truly don’t think anyone does. Just bc girls from a certain city end up in a certain chapter more than others doesn’t mean anything, might just means there’s more girls from the area in that chapter. Literally no one cares where ur axtually from. It just gives you a slight advantage if you were known prior to rush

By: No
#3  by: #3   

i am an out of state girl too and rushed this year. i’ll be honest, it helps if you are from tennessee. i would over hear girls in line for houses saying that they went out to lunch with the girls in “blank” sorority over the summer. you definitely have to “try” harder during the conversations and dress up nice if you want to be in the “old guard” chapters. it’s annoying but if your out going, pretty and good at talking you should be fine

By: #3
#4  by: Some chapters    

take a LOT of out of state girls, but even the "Old Guard" chapters are looking for some out of state girls in each pledge class. It can even be an advantage because you will be a little bit different. Get several recs for every chapter so that you will be on their radar screen before you walk in the door. When recruitment time gets here, present yourself well, carry on good conversations and maximize your options every round. You will be fine!

By: Some chapters
#5  by: s   

certain ones take mostly tennessee girls and other ones are basically all out of state

By: s
#6  by: First Year   

Our experience for fall 21 was that lots of great OOS girls got harder cuts than IS girls. While I'm sure some OOS girls got exactly what they wanted, it seemed like most OOS girls took huge cuts, and either saw it through with lower tier houses or dropped. These OOS girls had a lot going for them - recs, good grades, attractive. They got invited back to 10 houses for Philanthropy round (because of recs and good grades), but very few for sisterhood (guessing because lack of connections). Good luck!

By: First Year
#7  by: illdoitifyoudoit   

I rushed coming from out of state, and it's definitely more difficult for us than people who are in state. That said, trust the process. You'll end up where you're supposed to be. Lots of our of state girls in AXO and sigma kappa.

By: illdoitifyoudoit
#8  by: abcdef   

I rushed out of state and had no problems getting called back to any of the houses. Just be yourself and you’ll end up where you’re supposed to be

By: abcdef
#9  by: out of state    

I rushed as an out of state student. I’m not even from the south and none of my family was in Greek life. It’s not harder per say but you need to play the game. Rec letters good grades extracurriculars leadership will give you a leg up. There’s also a point where u just need to realize that some houses only recruit TN girls from their hometown and that’s probably not a place you would have the best experience anyway. If there are houses you are interested in I would try to connect with people in them from your hometown.

By: out of state

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.