facebook

what makes a “bottom tier” sorority bad?

by: maine

So i’m from Maine where greek life isn’t big at all. Incoming freshman at University of Tennessee and want to rush a sorority. I’m confused because on all these posts say certain organizations are “bottom tier” but on instagram the girls look super nice, pretty and involved. What makes a bottom tier sorority bad? Thanks

Posted By: maine
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Vols   

The only girls who actually believe in tiers are the ones who got into sororities because they are legacies or had friends already in them who helped them get bids. Join the place you want to based on the girls you meet, no one worth being around will judge you if you’re not in a certain sorority.

By: Vols
#2  by: Honest guy   

The top tier sorority girls are usually the prettiest girls. There are some beautiful ladies in bottom tier sororities but a guy would never be embarrassed to bring home a TriDelt or Phi Mu. I know guys who have seen beautiful girls and simply dumped them or hid their relationship for the sole reason of their sorority affiliation. Some even give more bids and that’s what makes them more so bottom tier. But go where you’re happy, that’s what matters

By: Honest guy
by: LmaoJun 25, 2019 11:35:01 PM

A guy would never write this. Must be a Tri Delt or Phi Mu. Probably a Tri Delt though because they are trying to work them self up after being on probation 3 years ago. There are beautiful girls in most sororities. You have a lot of private school legacies in AOPi , Tri Delta and yes these sororities cut many girls to honor legacies. If you are a legacy , chances are your parents will pay dues through your senior year because the family tradition. It becomes a business decision. Do not get trapped into thinking top tier is better based on this site. It simply is not true. There are a lot of insecure girls self ranking in top tier who want to believe they are better. Lots of those “ legacies “ are obvious and not anyone other sororities want. They only got the bid because the legacy status and no one else wanted them. There are also some great legacies. Overall chapters that take mostly legacies are a mixed group at best. There are plenty of girls from prestigious schools in most all tiers. Tiers are personal opinions on this site. And a message to “Honest Guy”. You would never give your name because this is not a guy. Lol.

By: Lmao
by: Honest guy here againJun 28, 2019 7:31:00 PM

Why are you so mad, I’m in a upper tier fraternity too. And no I wouldn’t give my name but since we’re offering names why don’t you give yours? Everyone knows lower tier sororities exist, I don’t know why girls in those sororities try to hide the fact that they’re in one. I promise Delt, ATO, or Kappa Sig won’t be having date parties and doing homecoming with Pi Phi, DG, Sigma Kappa, and KKG anytime soon. Upper tier fraternities only do stuff with upper and usually even middle tier sororities. Trying to act as if there aren’t tiers is absurd. If that was a thing then obviously the lower tier fraternities would do things with the upper tier sororities. Yeah, I’m all for girls doing what they please but they asked a question and I replied

By: Honest guy here again
by: hahJul 3, 2019 11:39:19 PM

If a guy "hides" you or dumps you based on your sorority affiliation, he is not worth dating to begin with. Ditch the loser and find someone who appreciates you no matter what!

By: hah
by: lolJul 5, 2019 4:17:39 PM

Some of those sororities and fraternities that you mentioned literally have had date parties and mixers together this past year ? But go off i guess!

By: lol
by: Lol Jul 13, 2019 6:15:26 PM

Pretty sure SK had a date party with Kappa Sig and Delt in the past two years and KKG had some with Kappa Sig and ATO AND DG is well liked by everyone and a delt is dating a pi Phi so this is obviously written by an insecure freshman dude lmao

By: Lol
#3  by: Top Tier   

at SEC schools usually means many (not all, but a lot) of the members are well connected and often wealthy girls from prestigious areas and high schools. Many of these chapters are older and multiple generations of women from the same families have been members, so they have a great many legacies.

The so called "lower tier' sororities are full of wonderful, smart and beautiful girls but who are less likely to have those "prestigious" connections. That's where the tiers come from. Maximize your options every round, ignore all the "tent talk" and pledge the chapter where you feel the most comfortable regardless of perceived tiers.

By: Top Tier
#4  by: Lala   

And be careful....there are probably very few incoming freshman from Maine going through recruitment- Just something to keep in mind.

By: Lala
#5  by: So   

Since sorority members are women, I would think the sisterhood of the members would be more important than what a guy thinks. Don't worry about perceived tiers. Greek Rank is a public site so be careful what you say.

By: So
#6  by: AJ   

Don't read post. Go in open mined and learn about each group. Decide what's best for you.

By: AJ

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.