facebook

rush

by: sororityty

I am a freshman at etsu and I will be transfering to utk in the fall and plan on rushing. As a sophomore is it possible to get a top tier sorority .I have a 3.4 gpa and I am involved on campus in a few different clubs and I am the vice president of a well known student organization on campus, I like to have a good time but I like doing things for my community as well. I also dress very sororityty and all of my friends at school are in Greek life so I know all the basics of sororities, because my gpa is not wonderful what do I need to do to make up for that.

Posted By: sororityty
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: sororityty   

thank you so much yall and I am very sad to hear that coming to etsu will hurt my chances of getting into a good sorority at utk because I was initially planning on going to ut but decided not to come because I wanted to stay with my twin sister, but I guess I will just try my hardest to get what I can, I just want this really badly and I have worked hard this year so I hope it works out for me. I know in my heart I will be a great asset to any chapter that I join. Any additional advice for recruitment would be so greatly appreciated

By: sororityty
#12  by: Keep in mind   

not everybody on this site tells the truth. In this section, some people are for real and give legit answers, but others are jerks. It's doubtful some are Greek. They're haters and mess with people for fun.

Not sure why coming from ETSU hurts. Maybe someone will explain. I'm an alum and do TONS of recs for women rushing all over the SEC. They come from different schools. Big, small, private, public, in-state, out-of-state. Every single one found her place. They went into it very open minded, though. Also, not sure if this is as big an issue at UTK, but being a sophomore can limit your options in the SEC. It does at UGA, Auburn, Bama and Ole Miss. So be prepared for that...all the more reason to be open minded to all chapters. Everyone rushing at an SEC has to be because it's so competitive. I've seen plenty of "Miss Everything's" get dropped by houses they considered top tier. And I've seen plenty of PMNs accept bids to their second choice only to realize it should've been their first choice because it proves to be a wonderful fit for them. Trust the system and take the advice you were given above about not dropping out, etc.

Are you getting recommendations? You need them. At a lot of SEC schools, you won't make it past first round without them. Get the recs, be your best self and don't put sororities into a popularity contest. This is a lifelong sisterhood and you'll get out of it what you put into it. Good luck!

By: Keep in mind
#13  by: sororityty    

Yes I have a couple rec letters for about half of the houses , but I am really working on finding others ! I really hope that if I get really stellar rec letters that it will help me out a little bit ! And hank you for the advice !

By: sororityty

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.