facebook

will a house drop you the first days for a low gpa??

by: pnm

I have like a 3.2 and idk if that’s low enough for a house to drop you just cause a lower gpa

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lyla   

sometimes but if they rly like you your gpa shouldn’t matter. unfortunately some houses try to rush girls only w high gpa but if you have a connection w them their way less likely to drop you

By: lyla
#2  by: Jayhawk Senior   

Unfortunately, yes. If chapters have to make invitation lists and they don’t remember you, or you have a low GPA you’ll not be preferred as high on the list.

You still have a great chance at houses And getting a bid with your GPA. Work on selling yourself and talking up your involvement and interests.

Fair warning... chapters are less likely to take women they think may “lower their gpa” or may quickly end up on academic probation. You have tons of time to share about yourself and show them what’s amazing about you though!

By: Jayhawk Senior
#3  by: gpa   

i heard somewhere that the cut is usually a 3.25 for highschool gpa, and a 3.0 for college gpa (for more “grade oriented” houses)
i may be wrong tho!

By: gpa
#4  by: :)   

Yes a few of houses will drop you with that GPA, especially Chi O and Theta. I went through rush with the same GPA. It’s not a bad grade at all but rush is extremely competitive

By: :)
by: ??May 8, 2020 7:27:32 PM

would someone still be able to make a middle or top tier house with that? like dg gphi piphi or kappa?

By: ??
by: Yeah May 9, 2020 3:44:13 PM

Yeah, chapters can take a limited amount of “grade risks” that are below their accepted GPA. I was a grade risk! (I had a 3.0) and got into a top house. these picks tend to be family members, super close friends, or really stand out PNMS that they met through the process that they fight for. If you make a good enough impression, you can definitely get into the chapter of your choice. Every chapter can take a handful of grade risks, even grade conscious ones like theta and chi o. Happens every year!! Good luck!!!

By: Yeah
#5  by: Yup   

I got cut from Chi O and Theta for my 3.25 college gpa.

Those two houses really.... really care

By: Yup
#6  by: greek   

You aren't necessarily below the grade cutoff at top, grade conscious houses. It's just a matter if your personality, resume, connections, etc can put you above other girls with higher GPAs. Can guarantee Theta and Chi O didn't cut for a 3.25 college GPA, it was likely for different reasons but not everyone fits at every house!

By: greek
#7  by: don’t worry   

That’s a great GPA. Don’t worry too much about it. Probably shouldn’t say what house i’m in but I know that I rushed girls that were grade risks for low gpa and I have such a good conversation with them that it didn’t matter at all and I am in a house that “cares a ton about gpa”. Just be yourself and it wil work out I promise

By: don’t worry
#8  by: Be prepared to get cut   

I had a 4.0 and only got by one house so i would say its allllll very grades

By: Be prepared to get cut

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.