facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: knowledgeable   

Top tier: Zeta Tau Alpha, Chi Omega,
Middle tier: Alpha Omicron Pi
Bottom tier: Phi Mu
Not a sorority: Delta Omega Zeta

By: knowledgeable
#2  by: 812   

ZTA is not top tier. AOII and Chi-O are probably 1a/1b

By: 812
#3  by: jif   

Top is AOII & Chi O
Mid is ZTA
Bottom is PHI MU
and DOZ is negligible

By: jif
#4  by: ue   

Geez. Argue much?

Why do people think so negatively of snap bids? Every chapter has given out at least one snap bid in the last three years.There's nothing wrong with them! (a bid is a bid)

Every sorority had both high and low rankings - each PNM is different and has different preferences. People focus too much on whether they're "on top" when they should really be focusing on how awesome their sorority is for the great things their members bring to the chapter.

By: ue
#5  by: girl   

Zeta and Chi O are top tier. A O Pi is middle. Phi Mu is bottom. Honestly, A O Pi's new pledge class is a little out there. There doesn't really seem to be a lot of cohesion. Chi O's is kind of similar, but it makes much more sense than A O Pi. At least those girls are smart and fairly classy. Though some girls in Zeta are not the classiest, they are the exception, not the rule. Phi Mu is just kind of there for girls who don't fit into the classic Greek life setting, which isn't necessarily horrible.

By: girl
#6  by: ztagirl   

Personally, I think most people will agree that Chi O is probably top tier and ZTA has worked itself up to second.
The only thing that makes AOPi in third is that boys like them. And that's only their upper classes. Their last two pledge classes haven't been very good. I don't see them offering much else though.
Phi Mu has ben stepping it up lately. I've noticed they have really turned it around in the social settings. You see about half of their chapter out on weekends and they are working hard on bettering themselves. I can see them becoming a threat here in the next few years.

By: ztagirl
#7  by: chad   

Chi O and AOII are definitely top tier at UE. ZTA is middle tier, but working its way up. Phi Mu has a lot of work to do, but is slowly getting there. Chi O's only focus on academics, while a few are able to maintain a social life. They brag about having the highest GPA on campus for the past 15 years. However, some of the sisters don't even know other sisters' names. AOIIs main focus is to party. They don't have the best reputation on campus, but they are surprisingly smart. Aside from one semester, they have had the second highest GPA on campus for quite some time now. ZTA also focuses on social life. They aren't exactly the classiest either. But they have a great philanthropy and you can always see them out on campus. Phi Mu is just a collection of misfits. There is quite a mixture of girls in this sorority, but most tend to be kind of awkward.

By: chad
#8  by: EvansvilleAce   

The rankings are definitely starting to change.

Before this year:
AOII/Chi-O
Chi-O/AOII
Zeta
Phi Mu
DOZ - doesn't count

Now, it's starting to look a little more like this:
Zeta/Chi-O
Chi-O/Zeta
AOII
Phi Mu
DOZ - still doesn't count

AOII's last couple of pledge classes have sucked. Chi-O will always be a strong chapter. Zeta has come a long way in the past 5 years and Phi Mu is starting to do the same exact thing.

By: EvansvilleAce
by: PineappleSep 9, 2016 8:43:38 PM

DOZ is a sorority, it's just a local one. And yes local sororities do actually count as a sorority.

By: Pineapple
#9  by: aceacebaby   

There are no true "top tier" sororities at UE because UE isn't a typical Greek system. Every chapter is a bit of a hodge podge, every chapter has their girls that they "hide". The difference in how they choose members and the qualities they focus on, but everyone still gets a little bit of everything. On any other campus none of these chapters would be top tier....

By: aceacebaby
by: ggrrrreatMar 12, 2013 11:34:30 PM

This is true. However, a lot about UE is different form other schools. I'd stay it is still worth it to go Greek here. Some sororities have less of the hodge podge than others.

By: ggrrrreat
by: baseballJul 31, 2014 4:51:49 PM

False. Every chapter does not hide girls or put them on kitchen duty. I walked through hyde my freshmen year when they held rush in there. From what I witnessed, I only saw a hiding room for Chi Omega. I may have missed others but rheirs was just so blatantly obvious.

By: baseball
#10  by: uegreek   

When I was there it would have been AOPi clearly on top, with Chi O and Zeta behind them and Phi Mu bringing up the rear. However, my senior year (last year) AOPi was trending down and Zeta was going up, so it might have changed around a lot. DOZ catches a lot of flack and they are clearly the bottom, but the girls there are really nice and can be fun to hang out with casually.

By: uegreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.