facebook

CU Sorority House Comparisons

by: Elite1

Here’s an honest rank (in listing order) of the physicality/attractiveness of the sorority houses at CU.

(1)
Alpha Phi
The absolute most gorgeous home with the best location and the very prettiest home inside and out! Looks and feels like an English style Tudor you’d find in Europe. Charming and warm feel to the house inside and as you walk up the impressive entrance. Beautifully decorated and recently updated making it one of the very chic houses inside with a stunning and historic exterior. Nestled on a very pretty neighborhood street on the hill with the most prime location. It’s as beautiful on the inside as it is in the outside. Overall, this house has it all with stunning beauty with the very best prime location.

(2)
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Huge, overpowering house that resembles a sorority house from out east. Grand appearance with old world colonial style and charm. Georgian red brick set on a busy street so it’s kinda loud. Nicely updated recently and very spacious inside. Also, good location bc it’s so close to The Hill but not so central to campus. Gives impression “take notice of me now!”

(3)
Chi Omega
Really pretty house with a fantastic location just across the street from the UMC (but unfortunately located on a very busy Broadway street so it’s really loud!). The house has a unique looking chalet feel to it. This is a beautiful house on the outside but not as pretty inside as it is on the outside.

(4)
Delta Gamma
Pretty house that looks like a Swiss Alps home from the outside. Unique looking but kinda quirky on the inside. Feels a bit run down, and is dark and dreary inside. Also it has really small rooms compared to all the other houses. It lacks a “grand style” of the top three physical homes described above.

(5)
Delta Delta Delta
If Harry Potter’s Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy had a sorority house, this would be it! It neighbors the top house, APhi, on a beautiful neighborhood street right across from the most central access to campus which makes it a perfect and ideal location to live.

(6)
Pi Beta Phi
Very pretty house and it is a ginormous one (like a block long) but size doesn’t mean everything. Even though the Pi Phi looks intimidating on the outside, it doesn’t have the charm of the other houses on the inside as the ones already described.

(7)
Gamma Phi Beta
This house is a very nice looking Georgian style house and is v pretty both inside and out. It’s a bit similar in look and feel to the Kappa house but not quite as nice or big or impressive as Kappa house.

(8)
Kappa Alpha Theta
It’s a nice looking house that looks a bit like the Pi Phi house but is in a better location bc it’s closer to campus. As nice as it is, it seems to be lacking something to make it standout more so it’s just not that unique or beautiful.

(9)
Alpha Chi Omega
No offense intended but this is the least physically attractive sorority house at CU. Still a decent looking house (just bland) and given how many really beautiful srat houses there are at CU, you need to take into consideration what this house is competing against.

(10)
Pi Mu
This is a chapter that was just recently formed at CU and has had some resistance in attracting girls in recruitment bc they’re just being established in Boulder and don’t have a house yet.

Posted By: Elite1
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: oolala   

I like this rank and I agree. Boulder definitely has some of the best looking houses I've ever seen in the country!

By: oolala
#2  by: Who cares   

Who cares it’s a building hahahaha

By: Who cares
by: Seems obviousMay 29, 2020 4:18:49 PM

....the people who are rushing and may live there and spend a lot of time there?

By: Seems obvious
by: buffgirlMay 29, 2020 8:09:50 PM

maybe to you it's just a "physical building" but to the girls who live there or affiliate there, it's actually their home. and it can make a tremendous difference in the feeling or perception that a house gives off. so, there's that. hahahaha

By: buffgirl
#3  by: yes   

this is real and true. and the quality of the house appearance does matter. it’s important for a lot of reasons. and like who doesn’t want to be part of a gorgeous house. thankfully, cu has mainly really beautiful sorority houses but some are much prettier physically or are in way better locations than others.

By: yes
#4  by: okay   

this was clearly written by an alpha phi that knows nothing about the houses except her own 😂😂😂 same with everyone commenting. get a life bro no one cares

By: okay
by: yesJun 11, 2020 8:20:35 PM

exactly! when cosmopolitan put boulder houses on their list for most beautiful sorority houses, they should have put houses like alpha chi omega and theta much higher

By: yes
by: Elite 1Nov 15, 2020 9:32:38 AM

Just wanted to say that I’m the original poster for this ranking and I’m not in a srat lol. Yeah, I rushed last year but was dropped by all of my top choices. For an honest perspective, I wrote up all my notes from when I rushed and decided to post them here to give some insight into the decor/vibe of each house.

The only reason the top house (APhi) has a longer description is cuz it was the best/prettiest house of all in my opinion so it had a lot to write about. And also I had a lot more descriptions for every srat but I had to majorly edit my entire post cuz it was way over the word limit. So just wanna take the assumption and accusation of APhi self promoting away cuz this was most honestly written by a geed with no bias at all. Just the way I saw all the houses and what I wrote in my notes as I rushed.

By: Elite 1
#5  by: yikes   

we get it you have no friends outside of your top house bubble.
anyways:
axo- still not a very pretty exterior but the interior was renovated last summer and it looks super cozy and pretty now! very comfortable living room and so much more stylish than before.
theta- located on a quiet street and has a more homey feel than aphi/tridelt, but a similar brick exterior. the sunroom is gorgeous and the dining area (which is the main part of the house) is huge.
i have done projects and spent time in these houses a lot this year because of group projects and some new friends :)

By: yikes
by: loveJun 11, 2020 8:13:14 PM

i agree! axo should be top three houses. one of the best if not the best house on the hill, in terms of sisterhood and house!

By: love
by: HuhJun 12, 2020 2:29:27 AM

Bro your house is a shoebox

By: Huh
by: AxoJun 15, 2020 4:41:07 PM

Actually it’s called the tissue box and we love it

By: Axo
#6  by: um   

this was clearly written by an Aphi considering they listed themselves top and backhand complimented every other house....be less obvious please

By: um
by: cosmoOct 12, 2020 4:20:46 PM

not an aphi but there's a cosmo article ranking sorority houses nationally and boulder aphi is third! theres a lot of boulder houses on there, we should be proud of being in greek life on a campus with such beautiful houses :)

By: cosmo
by: :)Oct 12, 2020 5:43:03 PM

I am an Aphi lol so I can brag and say that our house was also ranked in Architectural Digest and Town and Country ;) but agree with @cosmo the houses at Boulder are the best nationally

By: :)
by: @aphiOct 12, 2020 6:29:09 PM

The current aphi house was originally another sorority’s house, but aphi took it from them because they wanted the nicer house. The “beautiful stunning” house has a darker story.

By: @aphi
by: AopiOct 12, 2020 7:09:51 PM

It belonged to alpha omicron pi who lost their charter. Alpha Phi did a lot of renovations when they bought it.

By: Aopi
by: @@aphiOct 12, 2020 10:45:44 PM

idk if it’s a “”dark history”” when aopi lost their charter for recruitment reasons and then aphi moved from the kappa sig house to their current house...it’s not like they stole it from aopi

By: @@aphi
#7  by: cu 303   

just wondering if there will be virtual tours of all the sorority houses as we rush virtually this week. is there any chance we can go inside the houses to get the vibe of them all? or will there be like a walking tour so we can see where all the houses are located? I mean I heard one is like so far away from campus that girls hate walking that far and living so far from campus must suck but I don’t even know which one that even is? lol.

By: cu 303
by: meAug 29, 2020 6:18:47 AM

Idk. just walk around the hill and check our all the houses I guess. I’m. not in Greek lofe but I did rush last fall. bottom line is that they’re all really gorgeous houses in their own way (except AXO ) but I agree that Kappa’s, ChiO’s and APhi’s houses are the very absolute best ones in all aspects like they’re the most pretty of all and feel the most impressive and are situated in the best locations on the hill and they’re all really close to campus. pi phi is the one that is really far away from campus so that’s the one girls complain about the most and yeah it’s a v huge but eh house.

By: me
by: WutOct 16, 2020 4:51:12 PM

The AXO house is just plain on the outside but is actually probably one of the nicest houses on the inside. Everything has recently been renovated in the last 5ish years and they are the only house with single person bathrooms and their roof deck is decorated nicely. It’s definitely not #1 but it’s better than some of the other houses that are run down in the interior.

By: Wut
#8  by: baker   

Any way to get house tours like the frats have been offering recruits? I’m dying to see some of these houses. Like how do I decide without feeling the vibe of the houses?

By: baker
by: sratAug 30, 2020 1:22:27 PM

3rd datebook you will see videos of all of the houses you were asked back to :)

By: srat
#9  by: muving up   

can’t wait for phi mu to get their new house. they’ll be a major force at cu next year with such a great house. look out there’s new girls on the block!

By: muving up
by: settle downOct 12, 2020 5:06:18 PM

Settle down Phi Mu, y'all are just starting out and still trying to find your footing

By: settle down
by: lolOct 12, 2020 6:31:25 PM

The sig ep house is still under negotiations, and isn’t finalized. Even under the best case scenario, phi mu won’t have a house until late 2022.

By: lol
by: ja Oct 15, 2020 1:46:09 PM

my roommate is a phi mu & said their chapter is moving in fall 2021 to sig ep

By: ja
#10  by: sko   

I mostly agree with this order and all te descriptions overall but thetas house is so much better than kappas house. move theta above kappa and put dg last. my closest friends at dg hate their house. its so dark and dismal. no one wants to live in bc the rooms stink and the house is dank. members in all the other houses compete hard to live in except at kappa and dg cuz they’re required to live in even If they don’t wanna.

By: sko
by: YepOct 25, 2022 4:05:25 PM

DG is dark, Thets is better than kappa and PiPhi is considered worth the walk for PNM wannabes

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.