facebook

some union-specific rush advice

by: Senior

To start, DO NOT SUICIDE RUSH (rushing one house only), that is such a bad idea. Houses don't like to see it and if and when you don't get a bid at your "dream house", you will be left in the dust wondering why you're still a GDI. Thus, rush many (like 4 or so) houses in the first two days or so and narrow it down to see which you feel are best for you.

Houses available to rush this year are: Sigma Chi, Sigma Phi, Chi Psi, Alpha Delta Phi, Theta Delta Chi, Delta Kappa Epsilon and Kappa Alpha. There is no AEPi, rip I guess.

Dress is pretty casual for all events not specifically stated to be formal or semi-formal, just don't dress like a chump and you should be good. If you're nervous try to take it like you're the buyer, figure out why this house is best for you and ask questions accordingly, respectfully of course.

It's also good to use the whole word fraternity during rush and not just frat, I don't know some people get triggered over it and it can sometimes come across like you lack respect for Greek Life or something like that.

Rush starts Monday and ends Thursday. Good luck boys (and the girls rushing sororitys).

Posted By: Senior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Decent   

All true, many disappointed kids from last year who suicide rushed

By: Decent
#2  by: Wait   

I think some houses are starting their rush today (Sunday)

By: Wait

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.