facebook

does legacy help??

by: hiya

hii my sister is at one of the top sororities but at a different school. I was wondering if her legacy would help me get into the same one at UM?? Or does it not matter

Posted By: hiya
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Y   

i wanna know this too

By: Y
#2  by: D   

Like yeah. I’m gonna b a junior next year and I’m a girl who’s been thru rush and know ppl who got in j bc their sisters r in a sorority at another school

By: D
#3  by: Depends   

To be clear, it will not get you a bid if you otherwise wouldn’t probably get one. But it can help, how much depends on the sorority. People fall through the cracks in rush even that may be a great fit for sororities, so being a legacy might help you stay on the radar during rush but it won’t get you a bid if you’re not that sororities type. What I mean is, most sororities have policies surrounding legacies, the most common being that someone has to be invited to the second round, or has to receive a bid if they make it all the way to pref. So it’s a little boost, but don’t count on it.

By: Depends
#4  by: wrong    

Nationals at most sororities have done away with legacy for multiple reasons including diversity and inclusion. You no longer get invited back after round 1 or have to be put on pref list. I would say the real reason is larger sororities nationally had so many legacies they could not take them all and have room for new blood. Again you must be a fit for the house.

By: wrong
#5  by: K   

wowowo

By: K
#6  by: lol   

no because deeph and sdt suck at most schools

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.