facebook

Is this a true statemnts, regarding SigEP at UMiami

by: is this true

"SigEp is committed to being a different kind of fraternity – one that recognizes the importance of the out-of-classroom experience and is committed to making that experience the safest and most empowering part of a college male’s life. SigEp is unique in that our brotherhood and all fraternity events are alcohol and substance free by choice. The brothers feel that the brotherhood we are constantly striving to build does not require alcohol to exist. The chapter also works to encourage other fraternities toward eradicating dangerous and illegal alcohol consumption."

Posted By: is this true
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: 1901   

Lots of the questions are around how SigEp's leadership in adopting substance free rules will impact the chapter experience. The honest answer is that it shouldn’t change much. The purpose of a SigEp chapter is to find men who share our Fraternity’s principles and to develop them into a Balanced Man® who will be the next generation of values-based leaders. Drinking alcohol really plays no role in that mission, and frankly, data from higher education researchers (GreekLifeEdu and AlcoholEdu for College® to name a few) shows that it actively works against a chapter’s ability to do so. Many SigEp chapters have already implemented substance-free policies and are thriving on campuses across the country. The National Fraternity of Sigma Phi Epsilon congratulates the University of Miami chapter for voting to adopt substance free rules and for modeling the way for other chapters on campus to follow.

By: 1901
#2  by: Lol what   

Not true at all I have no idea why Greek rank is full of sig ep propaganda but it’s really funny

By: Lol what
by: model the wayMar 24, 2021 9:02:00 PM

Where SigEp is at its best, it is a life-changing organization for its members based upon a culture centered around our cardinal principles. It is not just a thing people do in order to party for four years.

By: model the way
by: uhMar 26, 2021 9:47:10 PM

Their nationals are forcing them to chose between keep drinking and keeping their charter

By: uh
by: isMay 12, 2021 9:25:30 PM

What did they choose???

By: is
by: Greek GodOct 11, 2022 8:27:36 PM

That's because SigEp National trolls this site 24/7 posting all their BS about their bakance man program which is a total joke. They are nothing more than losers themselves

By: Greek God
by: Greek GodOct 11, 2022 8:28:00 PM

That's because SigEp National trolls this site 24/7 posting all their BS about their bakance man program which is a total joke. They are nothing more than losers themselves

By: Greek God
#3  by: rise   

In all honesty, if the new alcohol ban was the sole reason a potential new member didn't want to join SigEp they likely wouldn't be a good fit for SigEp. Alcohol has become a central focus of fraternity life and we want to demonstrate clearly that SigEp's priorities lie with preparing our men to become confident, values based leaders.

By: rise
#4  by: Me   

What's it like to be in a dry frat? Are you really a "dry" frat? I understand that it probably varies from frat to frat but if anyone has any experience with this can you tell me what it was/is like belonging to a dry frat like Sig Ep?

By: Me
by: jelkMar 27, 2021 4:26:47 PM

When we say we're different from the average fraternity, we really mean it. Have you heard about our Balanced Man Program?

By: jelk
by: the sigep alumni😭Oct 11, 2022 12:38:12 AM

these are just sigep representatives that don’t want this situation to harm their image as a fraternity. idk ab other sig eps but miami ep had alcohol at every party

By: the sigep alumni😭
by: New FlashNov 16, 2022 10:39:11 PM

Their FSU chapter has alcohol all the time at their parties. I guess they do follow the Balance Man Program.

By: New Flash
#5  by: Unmmm   

I went to sig ep party and watched all their guys do shrooms, and drink?

By: Unmmm
by: Haha Apr 1, 2021 6:22:52 PM

I was there too it was terrible

By: Haha
#6  by: Greek King   

Sig EP is both a fraternity and sorority combined, hence "FRATORITY." Their brothers don't know if they want to be men or women.

By: Greek King
by: YepApr 2, 2021 12:42:09 PM

FRATORITY? That describes Sig Ep perfectly.

By: Yep
by: wellMay 17, 2021 10:05:43 PM

they voted to bid and initiate women

By: well
#7  by: Y   

So is SigEp going dry?

By: Y
by: tmApr 18, 2021 3:37:04 PM

SigEp recruits men who have the confidence to be different. SigEp's Balanced Man Program is a life-changing process for its members now that we gotten alcohol out of our fraternity. SigEp no longer a thing that "frat bros" and their groupies do in order to party for four years.

By: tm
by: OkApr 18, 2021 5:04:09 PM

OK basically Sig Ep is going dry and will become a bottom irrelevant fraternity. Nuff said.

By: Ok
by: YelApr 18, 2021 6:25:26 PM

Sure sounds like tbey are. Sad.

By: Yel
#8  by: blue   

SigEp tends to attract the kind of guy who wants more than a drinking club out of his fraternity. When we say we’re different from the average fraternity, we mean it.

By: blue
by: YupApr 25, 2021 8:45:34 PM

Sig Eps only attracks geeds who got rejected from the other houses and lonely geeds who have no friends. That is why they will always be
Bottom tier.

By: Yup
#9  by: rise   

Our chapter is a Residential Learning Community--RLC--which means that we’re one of the best SigEp chapters in the country when it comes to faculty engagement, alumni involvement, and more. Have you heard about our RLC?

By: rise
by: ????May 18, 2021 2:49:37 PM

So are you saying that Sig Ep is more of an academic club than a real fraternity?

By: ????
by: @???May 21, 2021 8:15:01 PM

Can you hear me now??

By: @???
#10  by: Buch   

It's true

By: Buch

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.