facebook

rush sorority as a junior?

by: Madi

I made a ton of friends right away my freshman year, so I didn’t feel the need to rush. Sophomore year, I decided not to either. However, this upcoming year, my junior year, I am more open to it. I have my friends, but also want to expand and explore all UNCW has to offer, and figured rushing a sorority would be a great way to do that. I was wondering if rushing as a junior would limit my options and ability to join a sorority. Personally, I think I’d fit in most with chi o, adpi, or agd, but feel as though my decision to rush so late could affect my ability to get into the sororities I am considering, limiting me to newer ones only desperate for whoever to join. Does anyone know if being older would affect or change your ability to get in? If you’re in one, lmk!!!!

Posted By: Madi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Panhel   

You don’t just “think” who you’d be a good fit with. You go through the process with an open mind and you’ll be surprised at who you like and don’t like. I liked ones I didn’t think I’d like and didn’t like ones I thought I would like.
And the fact that you are completely uninterested in newer chapters that are “desperate” for girls shows that you probably aren’t a good fit for any of the sororities here. You would be so lucky to be involved in any of the chapters that are “desperate” for members. Those chapters often provide more opportunity for leadership roles and positions within the organization. And the amount of girls invited back each round is based on current total members, not amount desired. So if your “top” sorority had an extremely large amount of seniors graduate, they may call back more girls each round. This making them more “desperate”.
So if this is going to be your mindset as a pnm and as a future sorority member... PLEASE don’t even bother rushing. I can promise you you won’t be a good fit anywhere if you are that close minded and disrepectful to others Panhellenic sisters.

By: Panhel

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.